Alleged censorship on ScubaBoard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
They took away our :popcorn: and our Thanks button.

If that ain't censorship what is? :gas:

---------- Post added August 8th, 2013 at 01:05 PM ----------

popcorn.gif
popcorn.gif
popcorn.gif

The only time I had a mod interaction was when I met Jax.. and her and HowardE had some issues... Not knowing either of them at the time.. I read the pertinent parts and, being the interfering "person" I am... In my most loving and positive way I let Howard he was wrong... and I am not saying that he listened to me at all.. but I think he took a look at how the situation looked from someone with no ego in the equation and Jax came back.. I could be right off base with this as well.. I just like to feel I played a part.. that is how the net works.. for me.

He came across as human that was willing to listen.. I dont think you can ask much more than that...

That is all we all are.. just a bunch of humans with fragile egos that sometimes are having a day, and on a bad day when we cant look the person in the eyes.. and instead of assuming they meant well.. we take offence.. where none may have been intended... then the intended insults come out..

Bring your rants to the pub DV.. no one there will censor you.. if you want your place to rant.. just pick the right place to do it..

these self-centered rants of "i want the board run my way" are ridiculous.

but really no more ridiculous than saying this....

if you have a sour taste in your mouth and don't like the way the board is run then leave.

Some people actually try to make SB a better place.

They took away our :popcorn: and our Thanks button.

If that ain't censorship what is? :gas:

---------- Post added August 8th, 2013 at 01:05 PM ----------

popcorn.gif
popcorn.gif
popcorn.gif

50 points for slytherin...

---------- Post added August 8th, 2013 at 10:12 AM ----------

What has DV suggested to improve the place for everyone?

I have heard what HE wants for himself..

---------- Post added August 8th, 2013 at 10:12 AM ----------

What has DV suggested to improve the place for everyone?

I have heard what HE wants for himself..

Wow...kind of surprising that my wanting a more democratic process of moderation, rather than a one-sided, dictatorial one with zero tolerance, is only good for me....I really would have figured the democratic process would be more in line with what other scubaboard members wanted. I guess it just shows how out of touch I am.

The only time I had a mod interaction was when I met Jax.. and her and HowardE had some issues... Not knowing either of them at the time.. I read the pertinent parts and, being the interfering "person" I am... In my most loving and positive way I let Howard he was wrong... and I am not saying that he listened to me at all.. but I think he took a look at how the situation looked from someone with no ego in the equation and Jax came back.. I could be right off base with this as well.. I just like to feel I played a part.. that is how the net works.. for me.

He came across as human that was willing to listen.. I dont think you can ask much more than that...

That is all we all are.. just a bunch of humans with fragile egos that sometimes are having a day, and on a bad day when we cant look the person in the eyes.. and instead of assuming they meant well.. we take offence.. where none may have been intended... then the intended insults come out..

Bring your rants to the pub DV.. no one there will censor you.. if you want your place to rant.. just pick the right place to do it..

Who are you and what have you done with Sheri?

This is entirely too reasonable, what are you planning?

What has DV suggested to improve the place for everyone?..

Actually, my post was in response to a post about Rhone Man. But I can tell you that DV over the years has gone on and on about those long freedive fins. So much so I finally broke down and bought something similar just to see what his fuss was all about. Best pair of fins I have ever owned. Don't know that improved SB in any way but it improved my diving.

Wow...kind of surprising that my wanting a more democratic process of moderation, rather than a one-sided, dictatorial one with zero tolerance, is only good for me....I really would have figured the democratic process would be more in line with what other scubaboard members wanted. I guess it just shows how out of touch I am.

But I am part of SB... did you ask if I was happy or not?

I dont see a one sided dictatorship. That is the difference.. I was serious about the pub.. SB provided us with place for off topic and political conspiracy theories chat.. it is not SB's fault you want to have that type of chat where YOU want it.. not where they have already made a spot...

In a public park do you use a provided urinal or a tree..

In SB you have a provided urinal for your rants.. it is the pub... use it.. no censorship.

---------- Post added August 8th, 2013 at 11:10 AM ----------

Who are you and what have you done with Sheri?

This is entirely too reasonable, what are you planning?[/QUOTE]

Planning on keeping you on your toes..:wink:

---------- Post added August 8th, 2013 at 11:16 AM ----------

Actually, my post was in response to a post about Rhone Man. But I can tell you that DV over the years has gone on and on about those long freedive fins. So much so I finally broke down and bought something similar just to see what his fuss was all about. Best pair of fins I have ever owned. Don't know that improved SB in any way but it improved my diving.

That is what makes SB so great.. when I want fin advice I will go to that thread.. if I want to be called a bitch.. I go to the pub.. :D

We all have little bits to add to the site.. but thinking that when we do that gives us rights to do as we please.. could cause troubles.

Name calling and nasty comments are not a good place for a public forum.. newbies searching scuba forums would be turned off by the pub if they thought that it was all that SB was about...

So lets keep the controversial stuff in one spot.. and leave the rest of the site to the people who want to discuss scuba.. and keep the nazis in the pub with the rest of the vermin.

If DV wants to make changes.. he should ask first if people want change.. start a poll. It seems as if he think most feel the same way.. I would be curious to find out the truth.

But he shouldn't assume that we all want the right to call people names freely.

---------- Post added August 8th, 2013 at 11:17 AM ----------

maybe she is trying to be the next pub moderator. . .

You're Not Banned.. It is a vegan diet for you for the next month.

Where is my whip.

why so?

People that bring up Nazis and conspiracy theories on a message board for diving lower the bar for everyone.

it would be a better place without them. but i am not going to start a whole thread lambasting the moderators because i think this way. it is their board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom