All the boyz are doing it, now it's our turn!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just tuned into this forum. Where did you get the She-P? Most of my dives are dry, and the only thing I really hate about my drysuit is having to take the thing off to pee!!!!!

Nice forum lady divers! We totally rock!

on sunday i was talking to someone and it was her birthday - i asked her what she got and she said a Wii Fit

i thought she said a She Pee and i was sooo excited for her and i wanted to know all about it and was asking her questions about the fit and the application and what she thought of it and has she had any accidents.... by the look on her face i should have known there was something wrong with my hearing :lotsalove:

OOoooo! my PUR she-P should be arriving tooomoooorooooo! I can hardly wait! I'll post pictures! I hear it has "she-p" on the side even :)

Will be testing it this weekend, so any of you ladies with concerns about latex sensitivities, your wait could soon be over!!!!

The silicone She-P is amazing. ON many levels.

There are pictures of it up at the site, She-P - The P-Valve Catheter Condom for Women

issues that were addressed, solved:

the neck of the she-p and hook up tube are intentionally made 'thicker' therefor more durable and even less likely to tear

The silicone is INSANELY durable. After spending the last couple evenings TRYING to destroy a 'half she-p" with chemicals, physical attempts at tearing, playing tug-o-war with the hound, I have not been able to rip the device. If you 'snip' a notch in it and get a tear started might be the only way.

So far i have tried cleaning/soaking it with acetone, alcohol, baby oil, mineral spirits. Nothing seems to phase it for a few hours of exposure.

The new device has the softness and flexibilty of the latex, but without the 'heavy' feeling of the PUR. The PUR also gave us some concerns regarding durability.

The only downside at this point that i was able to note is that the spray sometimes leaves a residue on the device, leaving it feeling slightly tacky. This can be dealt with by a dusting with powder so it doesn't stick together when you store it. The powder is easily removed with a quick sweep of alcohol before using.

Back to the good stuff

For those who use the paste (I'm not one of you) Heleen reports that it is much more easily removed from the device.

The device has less "resistance" when peeing than either of it's predecessors.

Somehow the silicone is hydrophobic or something and the pee is easier to 'shake' out when you tilt.

hmm... what else...

oh, it is currently available in clear only. Attempts to find colored silicone in a reasonable price range were to no avail. Over time you may see some discoloration just like the clear skirt on masks, but it does not affect the durability of the product.

more impressions later, gotta get back to work, but I'm really really liking it!!!

-L

Silicone ship date has been set at July 25th...

I need to start getting numbers.... email me a ljjames (at) mac (dot) com

Real numbers. If this means i start taking deposits, I will. I'll keep some in stock but if I can put in a big-ish first order it will help defray the cost of shipping... (AKA a couple bucks less)

i'm bumping the thread to give a shout out to the wonderful work of the dutch ladies & our laura. i ordered & quickly received my silicone she-p & bits. the baby is giving me a drysuit for christmas & i'll be starting off with a p-valve - oh yeah!

larry's giving me the p-valve. isn't that romantic?!?

Bump....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom