All ready to hit the Comet Sweat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DandyDon

Umbraphile
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
One kilometer high on the Texas Central Plains
# of dives
500 - 999
All ready to hit the Comet Sweat!!

Or that's what I think it is.

Now, we do not want to get a religous discussion here. Whether done by pure geologic forces, or by GOD's hand - your choice, this is how I understand it happened...

When the earth first formed, it was so hot that water not only could not form on the earth, the vapor escaped into space. DrBill, correct me if I'm wrong on any of this, but I think the actual process was that the H2O {or H(OH) if you're picky about radicals} was broken down to H2 and O2 in the heat, and the H2 floated off, leaving O2 behind to become CO2, until some of later was changed back to O2. Anyway, there was no water on earth when it was hot.

After it cooled to below 212 F / 100 C in some places, there were still a lot of icy comets flying around the solar system, many of them hitting earth - delivering water in ice form, then liquid, then vapor by impact - but this vapor didn't escape so easily, and became the first rain.

Therefore, all water on earth today, including the water that makes up the majority of every human, was delivered to the earth as comet sweat.

And I'm going to jump off of a good boat into it in Cozumel in a couple of days!!

don

You make my brain hurt. OW

Excellent hypothesis... I'm going to request a government grant to research this further. :14:

Somebody has just subscribed to the Science and Discovery channels.

What is it with people finding my 4 year old threads this week? :11:

What is it with people finding my 4 year old threads this week? :11:

I guess like some comets, your threads come back around every four years or so. :D

:lol:

All the heavier elements, everything that makes up our bodies, was first formed in the hearts of stars, and scattered by supernovas .. we are made of stars

:lol:

All the heavier elements, everything that makes up our bodies, was first formed in the hearts of stars, and scattered by supernovas .. we are made of stars

we are stardust :)
Yes yes, but that was long before the comets delivered the water. The original star dust formed this revolving solar system - some of which became our sun, some became hot planets, some moons, some asteroids etc and some became comets made mostly of ice. "When the earth first formed, it was so hot that water not only could not form on the earth, the vapor escaped into space. ...I think the actual process was that the H2O {or H(OH) if you're picky about radicals} was broken down to H2 and O2 in the heat, and the H2 floated off (escaped earth), leaving O2 behind to become CO2, until some of later was changed back to O2. Anyway, there was no water on earth when it was (that) hot," as I said.

Meteorites and comets continued to impact the earth, and some time later on - when the earth had cooled enough, only then did the water vapor delivered by the comets actually stay on earth, precipitate as rain, fill the oceans, break down into free 02 and H2 or form larger compounds, and so forth.

And I am explaining something I said over 4 yrs ago. We tell women to not hold us responsible for anything previous to last week... :lol2:

Maybe objects the size of Pluto in addition to comets (and other Kuiper belt objects) collided with Earth... we could be made up of comet sweat and left over stellar parts. Earth maybe the dumping ground of the cosmos.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom