All Purpose P&S for U/W Use - Any ideas?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

f3nikon:
I put an older G1 in an Ikelite SLR housing works great! I demo a G7...it maybe the best compact camera for U/W use. Great manual controls, one of the last cameras with a hotshoe, large LCD screen and 10mp.

I'am looking for a used unit just to have for land use. Maybe buy a G7 housing from Canon before the run out and wait for a deal on the G7, I hear that the G6 housing are already harder to find these days.

The Canon housing as is looks pretty good because what looks to be a built in dome port.
Thanks for the input. I'm looking at getting the G7 with an Ikelite housing.

I changed from a DC500 (1.5 dive battery life) to a Casio 1050 and am very happy with it because: long battery life, 10.1 Meg pixel, under $500 for camera & housing, small, very easy to navigate saftware, buttons easy to manipulate and short shutter lag. Got great pictures at little cayman in Aug.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom