All of the local sites...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PM's sent to the Usual Suspects :wink:

Lets chat about the weekend tonight (perhaps a single brew post dive? )
:D

Looks like I missed more sites than I thought. (I have, however gone diving at the Cut...many times...I just consider it part of Whytecliff).

Where is Grey Rocks? Directions would be nice. I'd like to check it out in the next couple weeks. Where is Belcarra Bay?

Belcarra bay, I have heard and not dove, is not anything special. but it is a dive site. It is directly across from Deep Cove. If you were at Cates Park looking towards Port Moody it is the big green grassy field across the water. Grey Rocks is in Deep Cove. Drive down Mt Seymour Parkway to Dollarton Rd. turn left heading into downtown deep cove. Just past the Raven pub take a right onto Strathcona. follow the road. there are 2 spots to dove the same area. you will see a small parking lot 2 maybe 3 cars big and a wooden dock. or keep following the road to the left and you will see a park on your right. Grey rocks is the island. a short surface swim. i have not been here either. You could ask at your dive shop or see if they have the Carl Trepanier 80 Vancouver Local Dives. A pretty good book.
pm me if you need any more info.
Les

Hey Bjorn, have you done Woodlands? I've never done it & I need to broaden the experience a little bit. Would you like to dive it some time?

Hey Ness,

Artino has done it and he called it a pain in the ....

:)

Lots of headache apparently due to no parking where you unload the gear.

But there is some stuff around the VT (like Whiskey cove I think) that I want to check out during the day sometime.

Bjorn

Woodlands is good if you are into the topography. It has really neat formations. But there is not much life around, and some people like there to be lots of life. Lots of shrimp and crabs, but that's about it. Dont dive it if you like life, because it's pretty boring in that department. I found myself examining the topography instead of the life. If you plan to dive it...just be warned of boat traffic, and park your car up by the stop sign after unloading your gear.

I would not discourage anyone from checking out Woodlands. You may find something we missed and really like the dive. It's actually a cool community that I never even new existed. The part that was a pain for me was the parking and gear setup convenience, and trying to get back on the dock with no ladder sucked as well. Other than that, it may be worth it for some of you out there.

what depths were you @ Woodlands? how was the vis?sand/ rock bottom or wall? was the dive towards the left side of the wharf or right? I have never been so just trying to get a better idea of where you dove and what to expect. Let me know if anyone is interested in going.
Les

sorry les, i didnt see this until now.

deepest depth was about 70ft, and the vis was pretty decent when we went. sand bottom, nice wall dive, and it is left of the dock. there is a little island you can dive around, or you can go descend by the day marker and there is a wall to the right of it. we did both dives. as i said, topography is really interesting, and it's a site to check out for sre, just not one you'd want to do every day. :D who knows though, it may be more interesting at 100ft. apparently there are potential octo dens around. the worst part was the parking, but it wasnt THAT bad.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom