All of the local sites...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

creamofwheat

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Alright dudes (oh, i just realized that i think i am the only dudette who posts in this forum. hmmm.), I am wanting to make sure I get to all of the local shore diving sites. I have been to Whytecliff, Porteau, Telegraph Cove, Copper Cove, Batchelor Bay, Ansell Point, Kelvin Grove and Woodlands. Other than Cates Park (which I've heard really sucks anyway), what local sites have i missed?

And while I'm here, totally different topic, but I am going to Powell River for a weekend in April and I am really, really excited. Anybody here dived there before?

Hey C.O.W.,

Hop on the Horseshooe Bay-Langdale Ferry, and 40 minutes later you're smack dab in the middle of some of the world's best diving! Shore dives and boat dives galore!

Hey, yea, I have dove over there...Tuwanek. :) I also did a couple boat dives (one to Nelson Rocks and one to Second Powerlines or whatever it's called...up the agamemnon channel...sooo gorgeous.)

Have you tried "Grey Rocks" (or I used to call it "White Rock"). It's in Indian Arm. There are 2 little islands (Grey Rock and White Rocks) just offshore from a little park (sort of between North Van and Deep Cove). On the far side of these Islands (I think they are joined at low tide), you can get down to around 60 feet or so. I used to snorkel here alot.

There are a few shore dives you have missed. Belcarra,Whiskey Cove,VT 100 wreck, Bedwell Bay Reef,Grey Rocks,Larsen Bay,Point Atkinson,The Cut,Lookout Express,Lions Bay marina,Furry Creek. Just the ones I can think of there maybe more. You still busy working on the weekends till the end of the season?

C.O.W.: There is a book that lists 80 local dives, though quite a number of those are boat dives. If you are interested I can post the name when I get home.

Bjorn

The book is "The Vancouver Area Diving Guide" 80 shore and boat dives. Mostly boat dives however.

On an entirely different topic - just got back from a week in Belize - 27 dives 6 days awsome! The highlight was the 60 seconds or so that a pod of Dolphins spent checking us out at the safety stop on day 4. Got three pics - approaching - just below my feet and leaving. Not the best, but they were moving so fast that point and press the button was all that was possible.

Looking to get some dives on Vancouver Island. Powell River is also on the list of "places to go". Are you still going on the weekend Jeckyl?

Darnold: We are heading out tomorrow (Thursday) night as well as the weekend :) You should come out, it will be some of the usual suspects :wink: Call me and we'll coordinate

Usual suspects huh. LOL. what is planned for the weekend? I am working on getting a guide for the Coopers Green dive site in Sechelt unless someone else offers to play tour guide. I have never been before so would be great to get someone familiar with the site.
see ya'll tomorrow,
Les
ps anyone dove on Bowen Island.
( another dive site for COW to check out!)

Tomorrow sounds like a good idea. The weekend we will have to see. Where are you diving?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom