All inclusive resorts suggestions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So recently the wife and I along with our friends have been going to different resorts around the Caribbean and taking the all-inclusive package. As a reference we visit the Secrets resorts more than any. if you've ever been to Secrets Akumal or Secrets the Vine in Cancun to accommodate a non diver then you know what I'm talking about. It is incredible luxury and amazing food and the diversity is very welcoming. The drinks themselves are also pretty top shelf as well as they have great liquor. I digress.

My wife really likes luxury as I've spoiled her so. That's kind of bad for me because I'm a diver and I need minimal accommodations to be happy as somebody who visits a destination to be underwater most of the time. I guess what I'm asking is there a good blend of very nice all inclusive accommodations as well as diving for the both of us? If she is spoiled with really nice luxury and can also dive then it may be the best thing for us. I realize Roatan is closed right now but one day it won't be so I don't want to argue about that but I sure would like to know what everyone's experience has been at let's say CCV versus Anthony's Key Resort. That's just one example of course but if there are others that you can recommend around the Caribbean but yes, specifically in Roatan, I would be all ears. I appreciate any and all responses. By the way we just got back from Akumal for a 6-day trip yesterday and the Mexicans know how to deal with this Covid-19 issue. It was incredible. Everybody wore their masks and cleaned around their seat on the plane to and from. It's looking promising so have hope

If you are looking for an all-inclusive in Roatan, I highly recommend BAREFOOT CAY. My husband and I went there with another couple about 6 years ago. His wife does not dive. It is a beautiful small boutique resort. You can do 3 dives daily, sometimes a night dive if you have 4 people. The food is very good, and the rooms are fabulous. There is also a massage/spa on the resort. Check it out!

My fiancee and I have the same issue. She doesn't dive and I want her to be comfortable and safe while I'm off diving. We usually stay at Couples in Jamaica, Kore in Tulum etc.

One of the places I have bookmarked for Roatan (haven't been yet) is Tranquilseas Hotel Resort Roatan | The best holiday destination
Not quite the same thing but it looks like it has enough touches to make it feel special.
@CanadaDan, if you have a chance, look at Barefoot Cay in Roatan. It is a small personal boutique resort, all inclusive. We stayed there several years ago with another couple, and his wife does not dive. It was beautiful.

@CanadaDan, if you have a chance, look at Barefoot Cay in Roatan. It is a small personal boutique resort, all inclusive. We stayed there several years ago with another couple, and his wife does not dive. It was beautiful.

I've looked at them as well as Paya Bay... We also have a habit of liking clothing optional naturalist places an Paya Bay is one of those places where you can kick back and let it all hang out :wink:

I've looked at them as well as Paya Bay... We also have a habit of liking clothing optional naturalist places an Paya Bay is one of those places where you can kick back and let it all hang out :wink:
Oooh okay! Well if you are ever wanting to try a place that is mandatory clothes, check out Barefoot Cay. As a matter of fact, I don't know why we haven't gone back. They were wonderful. Oh yes, we got hooked on liveaboards. Unfortunately, unless we catch them on a good special, liveaboards are just getting too expensive. Another reason we are looking at doing more trips to Cozumel, Bonaire, where the diving is good and you aren't taking out a second mortgage to go.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom