Alec Pierce Scuba - Computer Video (split off from controversial thread Long Hose Good or Bad

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How will the diver know when 50 minutes has passed if he doesn't know which buttons to press to get to the screen that either tells the time or displays DTR?

Don't all computers display dive time (and depth) on the main screen?

Don't all computers display dive time (and depth) on the main screen?

Mine takes one button press to advance to the next screen which shows EDT. Time of day is either on that next screen or yet another button click, off the top of my head I don't remember.

Mine takes one button press to advance to the next screen which shows EDT. Time of day is either on that next screen or yet another button click, off the top of my head I don't remember.

Wow, both the i300 and the Geo 2 show depth and dive time on the main screen, as well as dive time remaining. I was with @Lorenzoid thinking that they all would show at least those basics.

Wow, both the i300 and the Geo 2 show depth and dive time on the main screen, as well as dive time remaining. I was with @Lorenzoid thinking that they all would show at least those basics.

Nope, it's one press of the main button on the VT Pro, Versa Pro, or the left button on the Veo200 (and probably other Veo models) to get to that next screen.

Interesting. So if not elapsed dive time, what IS on the main screen? NDL and nothing else? Definitely not a good computer for people afraid of reading manuals.

Nope, it's one press of the main button on the VT Pro, Versa Pro, or the left button on the Veo200 (and probably other Veo models) to get to that next screen.

OK, I’m going to show how short of a time I’ve been back into diving by asking just how old these computers are? I’m not sure which one you’re currently diving with but I pulled up the manual on the VT Pro and it appears there are 4 main screens to choose from on a non deco dive. The second has all of the information as the first as well as a couple of extras including elapsed dive time. That being said, you have to go to screen #3 to get the temp but you lose elapsed time.

The Veo 4 does appear to have elapsed dive time on the main screen, so they changed the Veos at some point.

Kind of makes me nostalgic for those old-school pre-computer days of dive tables and timers and J-valves...Wonder how we ever managed?

Kind of makes me nostalgic for those old-school pre-computer days of dive tables and timers and J-valves...Wonder how we ever managed?

Gotta wonder too, how Cressi managed to put depth and NDL in big numbers and EDT -- small but it's there -- all on one screen of the Leo. Together with ascent rate and oxtox indicators, and stop timer as well.

About 15 years old.

I don’t consider that “old,” either. LOL. But I think Alec’s point is that in recent years computer user interfaces have gotten a lot more intuitive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom