Aladin 2G Gauge Mode Dive Time Blinking?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mahjong

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
At some point on a dive today--sometime around the 60 minute mark--the dive time on my 2G (in gauge mode) began blinking and never stopped for the remainder of the 111 minute dive. An otherwise typical dive: max depth 85', 48 degrees.

I don't recall the dive time ever blinking before. Anyone know what might be going on?

An obvious question that I can not refrain from asking. Since Aladin 2G has a way of checking the battery, have you checked the battery level on your computer?

I now notice something curious: The computer clearly indicates that it is in gauge mode. In the ALGO (Dive Mode Selection) screen--where you would select between and activate "deco", "gauge", or "APNEA" modes--the computer again indicates that it is in gauge mode. However, at the bottom it also shows an "OFF". I am not entirely sure what this means. How can gauge mode be activated and then switched "off". If gauge mode is switched "off," then what mode is the computer in? I did two dives on Thursday in gauge mode with no issues. I never touched any settings. The log from today's dive looks fine, and looks just like it should for a dive completed in gauge mode. ???

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom