Alabama roll call

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Good job not freaking out. People run into you a lot down there. I don't know if they're just not paying attention or what, but just keep in mind that as long as you can breathe, you're ok and you'll be fine. That was probably one of the best pieces of advice I've gotten b/c any time I get into a situation that could be scary, I just ask myself, "Can I breathe?" If the answer is yes (which it always has been), then I'm ok. You'll get the hang of it and it'll all be great. :)

Too many dive ops don't teach proper boyancy control. :shakehead:

I learned the "can I breathe" mantra back when I was a fire fighter (scba). It's been very helpful while learning scuba.

Hey from Ozark,Al. I am a river diver for artifacts/fossils and have just moved up here from Florida. Does anyone have any info or tips about diving in L.A? I'll be diving the Choctawhatchee, Conecuh, and others that are here in the Lower area. Feel free to PM Me.

Welcome to ScubaBoard

The Choctawhatchee and Holmes Creek are supposedly both great waterways to search for fossils and artifacts. I've heard the Econfina is great as well.

Pam here from Montgomery. Been diving since 2004 and got 75 dives. To all of you who mentioned needing dive buddy, I'm available. My regular buddy had to quit a couple of years ago due to health issues. I'll be at Vortex this Saturday and going to Gulf Shores the weekend of April 26th and would like to do shore diving if anyone is interested. Staying near the Whiskey Wreck. May try to get on boat dive if no takers for shore diving.

The wife and I are from the Gadsden area and most of our family is there and in the Huntsville Area. We had to move a little north to Nashville for work about a couple years ago, but we still claim it as home!

Hey everybody, My name is Will, Im 16 and I live in Winfield, AL. I recently got certified with Southern Skin Divers Supply in Birmingham. Anybody that is ever up for a weekend trip to PC or Bluewater, just let me know!

Will, you're always welcomed to go diving with me...I go to Bluewater as often as I can. Just let me know what days you're available, and we'll go diving!

My name is Will, Im from the little town of Winfield. Anybody up for a weekend trip, just hollar.

Back
Top Bottom