Alabama lake diving? Wedowee, Smith, Martin?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So far I think we have:

1. Rick
  2. Aucade
  3. John
  4. Wes
  5. Clan Mom
  6. Steve Jones
  7. Myself

If I left someone out let me know.

Goodness! I was thinking about going, but 44 degrees is just too cold for me...there isn't enough drysuit underwear out there to make me comfortable at 44 degrees! I'm still totally interested in diving the lakes, though, when it warms up a bit more, say in a month or two.

weren't you diving blue water a month ago in 52 degree water with doubles, scooter, and in a bikini?

RV:
weren't you diving blue water a month ago in 52 degree water with doubles, scooter, and in a bikini?

Uh....yeah...but it was an 11 minute dive! :D

Generally, I like my dives to last longer than 11 minutes LOL

I dove Lake Martin last week in a Semi-Dry. Never went below 15 ft. I didn't bring enough weight. However, the vis was about 10 ft and the temp was 63 degrees. The lake also seemed very high for this time of year. It is probably about 4-5 feet from full pool. According to my late father in law, during the winter time you can see the top of the houses in one of the towns but I was not sure where he was talking about.

There is a marina at all of the locations. We can certainly chip in for gas. I'm sure we can come up with a couple of more boats. I can't imagine that this trip won't get larger as the time gets near.
Should be fun....looking forward to it! We dove Kowligia in Dec... in wet suits. IT WAS COLD!! But not that bad after you were IN the water.

I'm wondering about the vis with all this rain we've been havin. Any recent reports?

I have not been up that way---i'm guessing in the 8 to 10 ft range..?

And in comes the bad news!!!! :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: I have to work saturday morning!!

Let me know how it goes. Maybe we can all get back together in a feew weeks? Possibly May 2nd?

On another note I have put the pontoon up for sale in the local market place sub-forum as well as locally if anyone is interested.If anyone here interested give me a shout. I'm still willing to take it out till it sells, just need to generate some $$$$ for other projects, after that guess its back to divin out of the bass boat.

Boy I remember the bass boat!! Yall have fun up there!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom