AL80 Fill amount??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dherbman:
It's the dark side of doing a search. :wink:
So this should be a thread topic in itself, when is it better to resurrect a dinosour vs. posting a new thread. hmmmmm sometimes ya just can't win.

wedivebc:
So this should be a thread topic in itself, when is it better to resurrect a dinosour vs. posting a new thread. hmmmmm sometimes ya just can't win.
Better do a search first. Or you could hijack this thread.

OH ha ha I didn't realize i was awakening the dead :D hmm i don't even remember how I got to this post lol but now that we are on the subject... I'm wondering if first stages have operating pressures for the "regulatory" process and if they have an indipendent working pressure for the yoke assemply? I seem to remember seeing a reg that had two different pressures written on it. Well I've seen quite a few 3000 psi yokes so how do people feel about sending 3500 or so PSI through that?

Oh man don't even think about hijacking it without putting in my question above. I'm not affraid to re-hijack a new thread :D

scubafanatic:
I use LP 120's steels.......and since steel tanks are over-engineered and somewhat elastic.....they are much more tolerant of overfilling........so for example, if I go to 3300 psi 'hot', they typically cool down to somewhere between 2900 and 3000 psi by dive time......which gives me 132 to 136 cu. ft..

The above statement is absolutely false and can get someone injured or killed.

All cylinders are engineered to the same level of safety regardless if they are aluminum or steel. The cavalier attitude that steel tanks can be overfilled with impunity is absolutely false. I sell both aluminum and steel and strongly reinforce that NO cylinder
should be over filled beyond its rated capacity.

Lee
www.seapearls.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom