Al30

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TheRedHead:
It depends.
Wishy washy answer :wink: (But I did notice you did not disregard the 80% :wink:)

JeffG:
80% ? 50% ? 100%?

Awww C'mon Jeff, you know it's whatever the 80% from the last fill, topped with air is.....which is usually about 40%-ish :D

LOL

JeffG:
Wishy washy answer :wink: (But I did notice you did not disregard the 80% :wink:)

I've never used 80%. I've only used 50% and 100%. I just like to torment you. :wink:

Scuba_Steve:
Awww C'mon Jeff, you know it's whatever the 80% from the last fill, topped with air is.....which is usually about 40%-ish :D

LOL
{chuckle}

Scuba_Steve:
Uhmmmm, not likely.

The best part about steel bottles are they are REALLY negative when you need it the least :)

If I ever need extra (useless) weight, I'll strap an anchor to my ar$e instead.

But admittedly, that's just me.

What could be more useless than lead? The steel bottle lets you come off some of the lead and replace it with useable gas. BTW, they are all (AL and steel) pretty much negative when full. It's when you've finished the dive and you're on the way up that you really need the weight. Al bottles(most of them) will require you to carry MORE weight, not less. Steel bottle are negative EMPTY as well.

And, if you're not setting up your weights for neutral buoyancy with a mostly drained tank (like 250-500 psi) then you are going to have trouble at some point.

seaviper:
What could be more useless than lead? The steel bottle lets you come off some of the lead and replace it with useable gas. BTW, they are all (AL and steel) pretty much negative when full. It's when you've finished the dive and you're on the way up that you really need the weight. Al bottles(most of them) will require you to carry MORE weight, not less. Steel bottle are negative EMPTY as well.

And, if you're not setting up your weights for neutral buoyancy with a mostly drained tank (like 250-500 psi) then you are going to have trouble at some point.
I'll let you take this one Steve.

come on Jeff, don't be scared....I won't bite...lol

seaviper:
come on Jeff, don't be scared....
Have you even used stages or deco bottles?

seaviper:
What could be more useless than lead? The steel bottle lets you come off some of the lead and replace it with useable gas.

When diving doubles, I am negatively bouyant without any weight. Adding more weight doesn't make sense and I'm sure many others have the same problem. Plus I don't want a bottle to affect my buoyancy very much. I may have to clip or hand it off. Don't want any big swings at the wrong moment.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom