AL Titan LX DIN Kit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaSixString

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi all,

Anyone know where i can pick up a DIN kit for a Titan LX. Its got a yoke on it now but am looking to DIN it (at least, on occasion)

Aqualungs website said one was available, but failed to go beyond that.

Check any LDS that stocks aqualung/apeks. First one I checked had a DIN kit for my SE2. FWIW, they told me you need a special tool to install it and recommended I not try to do it myself.

Panulirus:
Check any LDS that stocks aqualung/apeks. First one I checked had a DIN kit for my SE2. FWIW, they told me you need a special tool to install it and recommended I not try to do it myself.

Did you try anyway?
Admittedly, a reg is probably on piece of gear you don't want to be screwing around with, i'm just wondering how hard it would be to do.

Thanks for the info. I was pretty sure i'd have to ask my LDS, just wanted to get some info

The special tool is actually a spent CO2 cartridge which you clamp in a vise and use to hold the first stage securely while trying to get the nut loose. You need a port reducer fitting which you screw into the HP port and then slip the reducer over the tip of the CO2 cart. That way you don't damage the threads on the HP port, and you don't get vise and/or plier marks all over your reg. You also need a torque wrench with a crows foot socket to tighten the nut.

I bought a DIN kit for my reg on ebay and when I read the instructions, I decided to take it to a local dive shop to install...when I got there the clerk grabbed a crescent wrench and headed over to a big vise. When I asked him if they had a torque wrench, he said "FOR WHAT???" So I grabbed my reg and went to a shop I knew would do it correctly but was a lot farther away, and they did it free and let me watch, which was impressive since they did it exactly as it says to in the instructions.

Panulirus:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom