AL first with Mares second ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OR-2050 is an -014, but I have to verify the other two.

I assume you are talking about the second stage seat? It is flippable. But it's available as a separate part and should only cost around 3 dollars/euros/yen(x100). For example:

I don't have a schematic either, but externally it looks to be the same setup as the 22 family. They don't require any special tools other than something long and thin to push the HP seat (aka volcano orifice) out from the diaphragm side of the body and snap ring pliers if you are using a yoke instead of a DIN valve.

Mares does have several white plastic tools for pushing some parts out and keeping others aligned during reassembly, but you can use wooden dowels of various diameters instead.
I suspect you'll be happy, the assist from the VAD (bypass tube) makes for an easy inhale. (Anticipating Nemrod's response) I have never found the exhaust effort to be noticeable.

I do not know what size exhaust valve is in the current Mares lineup. I am sure it is a full size 30mm+ in order to meet CE WOB requirements (?).

I'
OR-2050 is an -014, but I have to verify the other two.

I assume you are talking about the second stage seat? It is flippable. But it's available as a separate part and should only cost around 3 dollars/euros/yen(x100). For example:

I don't have a schematic either, but externally it looks to be the same setup as the 22 family. They don't require any special tools other than something long and thin to push the HP seat (aka volcano orifice) out from the diaphragm side of the body and snap ring pliers if you are using a yoke instead of a DIN valve.

Mares does have several white plastic tools for pushing some parts out and keeping others aligned during reassembly, but you can use wooden dowels of various diameters instead.

I suspect you'll be happy, the assist from the VAD (bypass tube) makes for an easy inhale. (Anticipating Nemrod's response) I have never found the exhaust effort to be noticeable.

Which second stage are we talking about? But, yes in general, Mares second stage service kits include an exhaust valve. Also a zip tie for the mouthpiece :)

Mares uses a 5.5mm nut driver. I think Conshelf is 1/4" (6.35mm).

edit: If you have an inline orifice adjustment tool, you'll need the 5mm hex tip, not the slotted tip that scubapro requires.
Awesome, thanks a bunch for the info, very helpful. If you can DM your email address I'll try to get you the latest Mares files I just got.

I've seen the light, the C370 is going nowhere. I will get a mares set but that'll wait until I have gainful employment. Whew, that was close.

@buddhasummer, do the build. It's not a bad idea as such. But don't sacrifice the C370s to the project.

I'm not even sure you are right about the C370s. While I really like mine, I need more time on more regs to decide.

But I'm pretty sure YOU would regret giving up your C370s.

Not sure it's about being "right" or "wrong" once you're diving any high performance reg opinion is largely subjective. Some people love the A700, if I was given one I'd sell it.

Back
Top Bottom