Akumal dive conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SteveC

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We are coming down to the Akumal area around Thanks Giving. I know it’s a few weeks away, but thought I would start checking weather and dive conditions. Any affects from hurricane Noel?

Akumal Bay webcam http://locogringo.com/Upload/akumal-beach-cam.html

It's too early to tell what the weather will be like at Thanksgiving. End of Nov can be fantastic or it can be cool and windy... water temps are generally around 79-80 then, and air temps are mid to higher 80's in the day and 70's at night.

We dove on Wednesday. Conditions were very good. Have two dives planed for both Monday and Tuesday. Will post reports.

Sorry, no more reports as of yet. Bad cold is kicking my butt. have canceled 6 dives so far. Keeping my fingers crossed that tomorrow will be a better day. Snorkeling has been great. Aside from not being able to dive, I can think of worse places to be stuck.

Are you going to be diving with a company or mostly doing shore diving? If so - what are some good companies down there? websites?

Hey there tallgirl2 - In Akumal you snorkel from shore and dive from boats. The bays are so shallow that diving them is...well...you get the point.

Once again, I highly recommend Akumal Dive Center, right on the beach on Akumal Bay by the Lol-Ha restaurant. akumaldivecenter.com

See if Cheppo can be your DM.

Are you going to be diving with a company or mostly doing shore diving? If so - what are some good companies down there? websites?

Not sure if the question was directed at me or not, but we are going to be staying at the Grand Sirenes and will probably be using the dive shop at the resort, Aqua-Inn.

Had a great experience with Akumal Dive Center. We dove with Mario the one day we got out. He was a great help. Unfortunately, we caught some bronchitis crud and had to cancel all of our remaining dives. Did lots of snorkeling on the beach in front of the dive center. Lots of big turtles and sting rays.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom