Akumal dive conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Any updates on the weather?

According to a few posts on LocoGringo in the last day or two, it's still cool with highs in the low 80's, and really chilly evenings getting down to the mid to low 60's. Water temps have been 78-80, depending who you ask and deep they were diving.

I've still got about 2 wks so I'm hoping this cool snap breaks.

Thanks for all the info. We will be heading out in a few hours. I’ll make a report when I get back next Wednesday.

Please do, even if it's a brief one. I was there in Oct and I'll be in Cozumel in 2wks, then on to Akumal again.

Have a great trip!

We just got back from Akumal today. The weather was good. 80’s by day, and a little cooler at night, but no need for a jacket. There were usually some clouds hanging around but not much rain. Water temps were about 80 also. The wind was blowing inland, so the surf was a little high. I would say maybe 3’, so the vis wasn’t as good as it could be, about 45’, but still good diving.
Since the wind was blowing from the Cozumel direction, the water was much calmer on the Coz side. We had 2 very nice dives there. The vis was over 100’ and practically flat seas.
We also did 2 dives at Chac Mool cenote. The diving there was great, and the water temp was 75.

We just got back from Akumal today. The weather was good. 80’s by day, and a little cooler at night, but no need for a jacket. There were usually some clouds hanging around but not much rain. Water temps were about 80 also. The wind was blowing inland, so the surf was a little high. I would say maybe 3’, so the vis wasn’t as good as it could be, about 45’, but still good diving.
Since the wind was blowing from the Cozumel direction, the water was much calmer on the Coz side. We had 2 very nice dives there. The vis was over 100’ and practically flat seas.
We also did 2 dives at Chac Mool cenote. The diving there was great, and the water temp was 75.

Great to hear that the cold snap and really cool nights seems to have past. I've seen people on the webcam in the early evening with t-shirts and shorts. (I'll still be packing a few long sleeves as usual for this time of year...)

I'm leaving Monday for 8 days in Cozumel then a week in Akumal. :D Not sure if I'll do any cenotes this time or not. We'll see how it goes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom