Akuana Regulators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
AnotherDiverHere

AnotherDiverHere

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Does anyone have or had any experience with the brand Akuana? Currently looking at some regulators. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Also curious about the carbon fiber backplate.

Never heard of them, stuff looks decent, basic MK 25/20 design for two of the Regs. The seconds are likely clones too.

Never heard of them, stuff looks decent, basic MK 25/20 design for two of the Regs. The seconds are likely clones too.

Yes, I was thinking the same thing. The gear does look decent. I do hear all the time that a lot of stuff comes from the same source.
I recently came across the brand and have not heard from anyone using them.

Akuana is a brand from China, and most of their stuff were DIR-friendly. My buddy and I bought 2 * Akuana Falcon 3 first stages + 2 * Falconet 2 second stages for our Fundies training. I also used an Akuana seal backplate (together with a second-hand Halcyon Evolve wing).

People around me and I have used Akuana stuff and most dives were trouble-free. However, be mind that Falcon 3 is NOT designed for water colder than 10 degrees celsius (at least as suggested on the user manual), and the Falcon 2 model which is does not feature a tower. Also I think their have no retailer nor repair shop outside China, so you'll have to learn how to maintain/repair the stuff on your own.

So far I myself really enjoy using Akuana backplate and regulators. The Seal backplate features a series of vertically-aligned slots for you to up- or down-adjust weight pockets, so allows you to fine-tune my weight centre and greatly improves my trim underwater. I also feel their second stages more comfortable to bite with than other brands.

Akuana is a brand from China, and most of their stuff were DIR-friendly. My buddy and I bought 2 * Akuana Falcon 3 first stages + 2 * Falconet 2 second stages for our Fundies training. I also used an Akuana seal backplate (together with a second-hand Halcyon Evolve wing).

People around me and I have used Akuana stuff and most dives were trouble-free. However, be mind that Falcon 3 is NOT designed for water colder than 10 degrees celsius (at least as suggested on the user manual), and the Falcon 2 model which is does not feature a tower. Also I think their have no retailer nor repair shop outside China, so you'll have to learn how to maintain/repair the stuff on your own.

So far I myself really enjoy using Akuana backplate and regulators. The Seal backplate features a series of vertically-aligned slots for you to up- or down-adjust weight pockets, so allows you to fine-tune my weight centre and greatly improves my trim underwater. I also feel their second stages more comfortable to bite with than other brands.
I just purchased a carbon backplate as well as a Falcon 1st stage with FN2 second stages.

I have not tried the regulators yet but hoping I can get in this weekend. I do not think I will be diving much cold water, hopefully not.. haha.

The backplate is just for my travel set up. It was at a much better price point then some of the other carbon backplates on the market. I did notice the slots on the back and I also think that is a nice feature.

Overall there stuff seems pretty nice.

Thank you for the reply

I just purchased a carbon backplate as well as a Falcon 1st stage with FN2 second stages.

I have not tried the regulators yet but hoping I can get in this weekend. I do not think I will be diving much cold water, hopefully not.. haha.

The backplate is just for my travel set up. It was at a much better price point then some of the other carbon backplates on the market. I did notice the slots on the back and I also think that is a nice feature.

Overall there stuff seems pretty nice.

Thank you for the reply
Btw did you check if it comes with the single tank adaptor (STA)? When I bought it in China it came without and the STA must be bought separately. The Seal Wing comes by default with two nylon straps much alike the ones on jacket-type BCs to hold your tank, but maybe you would prefer a STA nonetheless. Ignore me if you're using twinset, or have already had your own STA.

Btw did you check if it comes with the single tank adaptor (STA)? When I bought it in China it came without and the STA must be bought separately. The Seal Wing comes by default with two nylon straps much alike the ones on jacket-type BCs to hold your tank, but maybe you would prefer a STA nonetheless. Ignore me if you're using twinset, or have already had your own STA.
I do have a STA. I just bought the carbon backplate to replace my current backplate. I might end up replacing the wing at some point. Currently I have a 30lbs Hollis wing. This is just for travel, warm tropical environment's. So I feel I can get a smaller wing but I do not think there is much size difference. Although the Akuana Seal wing seems like it might be more travel friendly.

Reactions: L2m
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom