Akona Under 10lb roller bag

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ajy733

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have been reading the debate about dive bags vs regular suitcases. Today we looked at the new Akona bag and are considering it. Generally we need something that we can take on airlines in conjunction with a suitcase for our clothes. I know the roller bags are heavier to start so I am concerned about the weight restrictions on airlines. Not sure if we are better off buying two of the smaller bags or not. Has anyone used this bag. I think its really new and I haven't found any reviews of it anywhere. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks

I have been reading the debate about dive bags vs regular suitcases. Today we looked at the new Akona bag and are considering it. Generally we need something that we can take on airlines in conjunction with a suitcase for our clothes. I know the roller bags are heavier to start so I am concerned about the weight restrictions on airlines. Not sure if we are better off buying two of the smaller bags or not. Has anyone used this bag. I think its really new and I haven't found any reviews of it anywhere. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks

Keep in mind that in addition to the use 50 pound per bag weight restriction airlines have now started to institute a 1 checked bag limit per person. They are charging $25 each way ($50 round trip) for the extra bag.

A a result you need to keep that in mind when considering going with two smaller bags instead of one larger bag.

Back
Top Bottom