airsource adapter for zena doesn’t fit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

“Have you considered keeping the Zena shoulder dump and hose
and swapping the inflator with the airsource”

Wait.... can I do that? That seems too easy..... like disconnect the inflator and connect the lower half of the airsource?
Maybe, maybe not. Brands like Atomic, Zeagle, and Sherwood provide multiple adapters to fit their regulator to various corrugated hoses. Aqualung does not, they offer the adapters so that the complete hose assembly can be changed and retain the ability to operate the left shoulder pull dump. Oceanic has a similar “middle of hose” pull dump. I don’t know about Scubapro, TUSA, and others.

I don’t see how these are compatible, airsource on the left and zeagle shoulder dump on right
You are right, they are not. That is the “middle of hose” Aqualung connection that is unique to them as far as I know. Items like the SS1 replace the standard inflator at the lower end of the complete corrugated hose with no middle joint.

That site says the change was in 2014, so far less recent than my first impression, and less likely that Aqualung is selling an adapter that is 5 years out of date with no mention of the difference. If it was a more recent change I would expect them to take a while to catch up with current info.

Well, after a conversation wth Aqualung, it sounds like the adapters were designed and produced several years ago, for the BCD fittings they listed at that point in time. Zero priority to keep up with changes made by other manufacturers (such as Zeagle) for such a low volume item, especially as it would mean buying all those competitor items for the engineers to evaluate. So I am less confidant than before that those exposed threads are okay, especially without being able to see/touch/feel.

Well, after a conversation wth Aqualung, it sounds like the adapters were designed and produced several years ago, for the BCD fittings they listed at that point in time. Zero priority to keep up with changes made by other manufacturers (such as Zeagle) for such a low volume item, especially as it would mean buying all those competitor items for the engineers to evaluate. So I am less confidant than before that those exposed threads are okay, especially without being able to see/touch/feel.
Thank you for looking into it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom