Airsource 3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jbarr2008

Registered
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone was having the same problem as me. I have an airsource 3 on a dimension i3. And when i'm down i feel like the airsource is super long and bangs around on everything. Anyone else have this problem? And any solutions that you have come up with. Or just as simple a as using a retractor?

I've got an AirSource on a Seaquest Pro with a Sherwood Oasis regulator. Combination of the velcro strap at the shoulder of my BC with the inflator hose off the first stage keeps mine in pretty good shape without anything else holding it in place.

My solution is one you may not like as it involves getting rid of the I3 and the Air 3, and going to something a little more practical.

My solution is one you may not like as it involves getting rid of the I3 and the Air 3, and going to something a little more practical.

I agree with this. This thread pretty much describes one of many problems with the octo-inflator, namely that it's bulky on your chest and requires a longer-than-optimal corrugated inflator hose. You have to handle a clunky inflator every time you inflate or vent with it, and it really adds zero comfort or convenience when diving, although it sure seems like a good idea in the dive shop! And that's not even thinking about the problems sharing air, unless your primary 2nd stage is on a longer hose.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom