Airport layover question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wildbill9

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
We are looking at flights from Little Cayman back home. We can take the puddle jumper that is supposed to land at 1130a in GCM and connect at 1p. Is that enough time. Thanks B

From someone who has missed the connecting flight from there. No it isn’t. Most airlines close the ticket counter an hour before the departing flight and if there is any sort of island time delay you are screwed!

I agree. The schedule for Cayman Airways Express is notional and changes from day to day and often hour by hour depending on which aircraft are working, weather and load. I always try to give myself at least 2 hours. 3 is even better. They will always get you from one island to the other, but not necessarily on time or with your bags.

Is 1pm your boarding time or the actual flight time? That could make the difference.

We book a later flight that we know we can make, and have sometimes been able to move to an earlier flight if we're there and there are seats. I don't know how full they are running now but that game won't work on the weekends when they were typically booked, but we tend to travel midweek.

Just realized you are going back, never mind!

Thanks! Ok, I have found different flight options by using different one way/different airlines. Land GCM Friday at 11:30a, leave for LYB at 2:30p. 3 hours enough? Leave LYB and arrive at GCM at 11:25, leave GCM at 1:50 (2.5 hours). There is always a possible flight delay but if I tried to plan around “possibility“ I would never leave my house. Coming home if the luggage doesn’t make it is not big deal. Think this will work?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom