Airline tickets so expensive!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

5 hour drive to KC, expensive hotel and parking, and the bag drag :( Looking like Tulsa to CZM, and hoping the price goes down in a month or so.... Thanks for checking, I appreciate it :)

I looked at other airports around you and even Tulsa wouldn't save enough for the drive. Now driving to Kansas City and flying to Cancun does get it down to $416.

5 hour drive to KC, expensive hotel and parking, and the bag drag :( Looking like Tulsa to CZM, and hoping the price goes down in a month or so.... Thanks for checking, I appreciate it :)
I guess you on not in Springfield, but part way to Tulsa already...?

Received email that the flight I paid significantly MORE for to avoid a lengthy layover just got changed. 1.5 hours to 5 hours in Houston. Awesome.

Received email that the flight I paid significantly MORE for to avoid a lengthy layover just got changed. 1.5 hours to 5 hours in Houston. Awesome.
American did that to me last year. Tough frioles huh?

That sucks!! There ought to be a law against that :(
At least they should let you change for free.

I'd call and ask for a credit as that's a significant change from what you bought. Odds of success are slim but worth a shot.

I once spent 5 hours in Miami, I knew it was going to have to do it. It won't happen again.

Dandy Don, I haven't tried the Matrix ITA software, as it doesn't work on my iPad (which is where I do most of my searching). Does it pick up routes and fares for ALL Airlines, including Southwest, AirTrans, and Sun Country, which normally only sell through their own websites?

ALSO, you have to be careful comparing fares; although all Airlines are now required to report gross fares, including all taxes and fees, the extra baggage fees differ from airline to airline. I just checked Airtrans, to see what a RT from San Antonio to Cancun would cost me in June (it varies by date, but dates I checked, June 13 - June 20, low RT total was about $525), and I noticed that AirTrans charges for all checked luggage - $20 for first bag, $25 for second bag. Sun Country, out of DFW, USED to give you first bag free on international routes, but NOW charges for both First ($20 online, $25 at airport) and second ($30 online, $35 at airport) bags. American Airlines, for same dates in June, costs $578 for RT to Cozumel vs. $515 on Sun Country, but AA gives you first checked bag free (on flights to/from Mexico), $40 for second bag. SO, a traveler with just one checked bag each way pays $578 on AA vs. $555 on Sun Country. With 2 checked bags, that traveler pays $658 on AA vs. $615 on Sun Country.

Dandy Don, I haven't tried the Matrix ITA software, as it doesn't work on my iPad (which is where I do most of my searching). Does it pick up routes and fares for ALL Airlines, including Southwest, AirTrans, and Sun Country, which normally only sell through their own websites?

ALSO, you have to be careful comparing fares; although all Airlines are now required to report gross fares, including all taxes and fees, the extra baggage fees differ from airline to airline. I just checked Airtrans, to see what a RT from San Antonio to Cancun would cost me in June (it varies by date, but dates I checked, June 13 - June 20, low RT total was about $525), and I noticed that AirTrans charges for all checked luggage - $20 for first bag, $25 for second bag. Sun Country, out of DFW, USED to give you first bag free on international routes, but NOW charges for both First ($20 online, $25 at airport) and second ($30 online, $35 at airport) bags. American Airlines, for same dates in June, costs $578 for RT to Cozumel vs. $515 on Sun Country, but AA gives you first checked bag free (on flights to/from Mexico), $40 for second bag. SO, a traveler with just one checked bag each way pays $578 on AA vs. $555 on Sun Country. With 2 checked bags, that traveler pays $658 on AA vs. $615 on Sun Country.
It works on my ipad

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom