Aircraft Carrier anyone???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sylvester:
Xjae, was that a hint for me to try and use my crappy camera. I will take it, however I have yet to get a decent picture from the thing. Anybody want to contribute a housing for my SLR??? Bueller.........Xjae.........
I forgot that you don't have a housing for that bad boy.
I guess some crappy shots are better than no shots. :ne_nau:
Either way, hope you have fun, sounds like you will.

SeaHound:
This is a KOOOL ship man! First aircraft career ever built! I bet it went down with a load of planes. Any idea what depth it is sitting at?
Best I could tell it's at 60 metres. At the time a full load of aircraft would have been about 12.

I thought the Langley was the first carrier, even if it was a retrofit. And it's "carrier", not "career". I thought this thread was about people's jobs!

State of South Carolina and another state (Fla? Texas?) were in competition for an AC to sink offshore (obviously) as an artificial reef....last I heard, we (SC) didn't get it...but pretty sure it's going to be in the southeast or gulf...got a connection will find out.

river rat:
State of South Carolina and another state (Fla? Texas?) were in competition for an AC to sink offshore (obviously) as an artificial reef....last I heard, we (SC) didn't get it...but pretty sure it's going to be in the southeast or gulf...got a connection will find out.

That's the Oriskany, last of the Essex-class. It's going to be sunk off of Pensacola, and is currently being prepped in Corpus Christi. Check the wrecks forum for details. MARAD is "giving away" three other decommissioned carriers the next couple of years. Texas will almost certainly get one.

archman:
That's the Oriskany, last of the Essex-class. It's going to be sunk off of Pensacola, and is currently being prepped in Corpus Christi. Check the wrecks forum for details. MARAD is "giving away" three other decommissioned carriers the next couple of years. Texas will almost certainly get one.

YEAH! That's the one! Pensacola! Too COOL! I can make that one.......

I went to the toll last summer-- Serous diving-- better not get bent cause its a long way to the closest chamber unless they get theirs up and running-- Also no Tri-mix-- We are talking narcosis up the ying yang!

Better have your diving wired down tight if you go. They just plain wont let you in the water if you dont!

good Luck!

Hi,
I have dived the H.M.S Hermes several times. It is the most exciting & best/challenging dive in Sri Lanka. The top deck is at 42m and the bottom is at 54m. There are no aircrafts onboard. But you can see plenty of anti air craft guns and unused shells. For more information and some pictures pls see www.DiveSriLanka.com -> Wreck Dives sectionn.

Thanks & Regards
Dharshana
Editor
www.DiveSriLanka.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom