AirAsia full refund?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diveUAE

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello hive minds

So AirAsia cancelled our flights and I got an email saying I could get a full refund by chat with AVA and select “refund” from the menu ... problem is: there’s no “refund” in the menu and even when I type in “full refund” it’s not coming up with anything helpful. (Only credit you account, which I assume is the AirAsia account and I’m not interested in that)

Has anyone else successfully claimed a full refund- and how?

* tickets are bought via airasia web page and paid online with cc.

Thanks.

For anyone else looking for the solution:

I ended up writing “not helpful” in the AVA chat, after a few more “is this what you’re looking for” I was finally able to type in our booking reference and (after about 20 minutes wait) connect with an agent from AirAsia, I then had to give the reference number (again), a screen shot of the cancellation email and finally the names and birthdate of all travellers. So now the refund should be on the way in 14-40 days.

The procedure is slow and tedious as well as frustrating.
If you are a Big member then you can check the progress of your refund.
If you are not then you should join just for checking.

Good luck.

They only refund through credits. Happened to me when mount agung was acting up and had to delay my trip.

I'd be glad to purchase the credits from you if you give a good price on them :)

They only refund through credits. Happened to me when mount agung was acting up and had to delay my trip.

I'd be glad to purchase the credits from you if you give a good price on them :)

No, actually they’re giving a full refund to my credit card (that I used to buy the tickets).

I assume it’s only valid, if you got the email stating you could get a full refund.

The option just don’t come up in the chat with AVA, hence you have to type in the “not helpful” to get in contact with a real person.

Within 5 minutes I received an email stating the refund is in process and I can check it via my account. Yes, it takes time and I assume I’m not the only one asking for this, so I’ll be patient.

If I was sure we could fly to Bali in July, I would not have minded taking the credit, but with a limit of just 1 year, who knows if we’ll be able to fly anywhere by then?

Full refund through the original payment method.

No, actually they’re giving a full refund to my credit card (that I used to buy the tickets).

I assume it’s only valid, if you got the email stating you could get a full refund.

The option just don’t come up in the chat with AVA, hence you have to type in the “not helpful” to get in contact with a real person.

Within 5 minutes I received an email stating the refund is in process and I can check it via my account. Yes, it takes time and I assume I’m not the only one asking for this, so I’ll be patient.

If I was sure we could fly to Bali in July, I would not have minded taking the credit, but with a limit of just 1 year, who knows if we’ll be able to fly anywhere by then?

That worked itself out then :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom