Air2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TJO

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I have had an Air2 for more than a year and like it very much. It is necessary to check it before every dive and to show your buddy how it works. I have seen divers with the Air2 who never checks it, and probably never practiced using it themselves. These divere do not tell their buddy they have one.

I think you answered your own question.
You should be doing a safety check before every dive, checking you and your buddy’s equipment, that would include the use of the Air2 in an OOA situation.
If your buddy were not familiar on the use of the Air2 then a short practice in shallow water before the dive would be a good idea.

TJO once bubbled...
I have had an Air2 for more than a year and like it very much. It is necessary to check it before every dive and to show your buddy how it works.
Hi TJO,

I have the British equivalent -The Buddy AutoAir - and like you I think is a great idea, if not very popular. However, my buddy has no need to learn how to use it. It is not for him. It's for me!

I tell my buddy to take my main regulator in an OOA situation and brief him accordingly before any dive explaining that I will use it (the Air2). After all, he is the one who desperately needs a proven working regulator.

This is a part of that standard BSAC buddy check, which includes;-

1) Buoyancy - BC/wing and drysuit all inflates/deflates/dumps.

2) Air; cylinder contents and a demonstration of every working regulator showing that does not change the displayed pressure (the post is open!), and

3) Releases.

I post this because I suspect you may not have a long (7 ft) main hose. If that is so, have you thought about just how difficult it will be for your buddy to use the common style of second stage on the end of a short hose (or indeed the Air2)?

- and if you do not check each and every item of equipment before every dive you cannot be certain that it will work when you need it!

. . . which I hope you never will. :)

I always take a couple of breaths from mine at the bottom of the shot line.

Safe bubblin!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom