Air travel with pony

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AbyssalPlains

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just found this on the American Airlines website. For scuba gear including a tank, they charge $100. Am I missing something? Anyone ever seen this before? I also called US Airways, and they say you can check one bag of scuba equipment INSTEAD of one checked bag. Dud. Who created that myth that you could check one bag of scuba gear in addition to the regular bags for free?

Baggage Allowance

Been well discussed, take the valve off, put clear tape over the opening, put it in your bag with a copy of this: TSA: Compressed Gas Cylinders and check your bag. No need to tell the gate agent what kind toys are in the bag. TSA will find it and take a look, so keep the bags unlocked but throw a couple of zip ties on the inside and ask for the bag to be secured.

Thanks to your reply I'm no longer 'scared silly' of traveling with my pony!
:D

The baggage rules and rates are in a state of change right now with most airlines and I'm not sure you can count on anything definite for awhile. Probably gonna be a lot of counter debates between confused passengers and agents about the meaning of the new rules.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom