Air Jamaica to Bonaire???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh, don't get me started on food in Jamaica. I always gain weight when visiting!! I still can't cook jerk chicken correctly at home, but I'm getting better. More research is required!!! :D

Respect!

You can have problems with any airline, but I've been to Bonaire twice and flew Air Jamaica through Montego Bay each time. No delays, no lost luggage.

Willar:
BTW, the flight leaves O'Hare at 6:15AM from the international terminal. There is maybe one other flight leaving around that time and the terminal is not busy. Don't bother being too early because they won't start check-in until about 1.5 hours ahead.

Very true about the International Terminal ( #5 ) at ORD at that time of day. The security line is small & the terminal is empty. I do not know what time they start check-in, but it is a rule of thumb that the counters lock down 30 minutes prior to departure. That means you can't check in after 5:45A, so keep that in mind. As well as the time it will take to park & transportation time into the airport from the parking lot. (unless you take a cab, shuttle bus or limo)
If you want to purchase food in the airport, you must do this at the food court to the left of security. It is the only place there is in T-5. There are a couple kiosks & 2 small stores inside of security, but they are not open until after 9 or 10 AM

I love Jamaica and the Jamaican people...what a great island...can't wait to go back. We've flown with them twice...(out of Baltimore),once to Negril...and once, last January, to St. Lucia. I'd fly them again.....

Willar:
Oh, don't get me started on food in Jamaica. I always gain weight when visiting!! I still can't cook jerk chicken correctly at home, but I'm getting better. More research is required!!! :D

Respect!

Willar I highly recommend this particular brand of jerk seasoning, it's as close to the real thing as you can get short of travelling here and heading out to a jerk vendor :14::D.

It's reaaaaaaaaly good, there's an online shop so i'm sure you can buy some and have it shipped to you :).

Tradjerkseasoning_03.jpg

http://www.walkerswood.com/products/detail_pages/Tradjerkseasoning.asp

Regards, :wink: and don't blame me for any weight gained :D.
BTW please don't wimp out and order the mild jerk flavor, be a man hot and spicy for you :D:D.

My wife and I will be traveling down to Bonaire on AJ next week from JFK (stop at Montego Bay). We'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks for all of you for the responses to my original post about Air Jamaica. Based on the consensus that it is not as risky a proposition as I originally thought, I am going to go ahead and book with AJ. A special thanks to the other Illinois/Cook County folks that have taken this flight. My folks live in Rockford and we usually go up the night before and take the Van Galder bus in. Great way to avoid the parking issues and they drop you right at Terminal 5.

Duke:D :D

I love getting on that AJ flight at ORD and hearing the Jamaican accent! It means my trip has really started, I watch and listen to the little movie to get the feeling going a little more. Since they put in the jetways, I really miss getting off the plane as the humidity and smell of Jamaica hits you.

I always bring back a couple of jars of Walkerswood Jerk seasoning, same as in your picture. Great stuff, I love it hot! Our other standard item is Jamaican Brown Pickapeppa Sauce. That I can get at the local grocery store. The other thing we bring back is plenty of Sangster's Rum Cream since we can't get it here.

Willar:
I love getting on that AJ flight at ORD and hearing the Jamaican accent! It means my trip has really started, I watch and listen to the little movie to get the feeling going a little more. Since they put in the jetways, I really miss getting off the plane as the humidity and smell of Jamaica hits you.

I always bring back a couple of jars of Walkerswood Jerk seasoning, same as in your picture. Great stuff, I love it hot! Our other standard item is Jamaican Brown Pickapeppa Sauce. That I can get at the local grocery store. The other thing we bring back is plenty of Sangster's Rum Cream since we can't get it here.

Hehe, for me hearing the accent again means that i'm not the only one that sounds like that!!
Lol, always fun hearing it in others..

It's funny that you like being exposed to the tropical air and don't like the jetways, with most visitors it's the other way around!!
Anyway glad you love it here so much..

And to stay on topic i'd like to invite dukeh20 to report back and tell us how their flight(s) went :).

I'll be glad to. I wish I didn't have to wait til September, but I guess that is pretty much the diver's lament in all of us.

Jamdiver:
Hehe, for me hearing the accent again means that i'm not the only one that sounds like that!!
Lol, always fun hearing it in others..

It's funny that you like being exposed to the tropical air and don't like the jetways, with most visitors it's the other way around!!
Anyway glad you love it here so much..

And to stay on topic i'd like to invite dukeh20 to report back and tell us how their flight(s) went :).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom