Air Jamaica Carry On Baggage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jpdunc

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
The Air Jamaica web site limits carry-on baggage to one of 30 pounds or less per person to the Caribbean.

Is that truly the limit or is it one carry-on plus one "personal" item like most other airlines?

We're flying AJ to Bonaire from Orlando via Montego Bay in mid-May and are looking at luggage options to limit exposure to loss or theft.

Thanks for any input.

Based on my numerous experiences flying with Air Jamaica.
I'd say that the carry-on baggage limit is generally not enforced unless your carry on baggage looks to be oversized or you're obviously struggling with it.

I personally have brought on carry on luggage weighing in excess of 40lbs on many occasions.
It's the usual carry-on + 1 personal item like most airlines and i've actually seen some passengers with carry on + 2 personal items.

Hope this helps.

Thank you Jamdiver. We plan to take a standard size carry-on and a smaller backpack or similar item.

I'll ditto Jamdiver's comments above.

Flight #7 coming up soon and I find Air Jamaica is usually pretty easy on carry-on bags. On our return to the States we usually have a carry-on plus a box of booze plus another small bag of gifts. I've seen boxes of electronics and other items too.

x

Back
Top Bottom