Air integrated inflator on Dive Rite wings?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jon

Reaction score
I'm diving a transpac II with Trek wings, and would like to add an air 2 or the like. Has anyone done this or know if it can be done? I'm not sure if the hose diameter on the wings is the same as the Air 2.

Did it....they fit.Only reason I did was to replace one that started sticking(power inflator)had an AIR2 laying around(how does all that stuff accumulate)Not my octo tho,still have one of those.Trying to do an OOA with an integrated is best left to circus acrobats:)

Did the corrugated hose get switched, or just the hard inflator unit?

Aloha,

Jonathan

Just the hard inflator,used 2 zip-ties.Dis-connected the shoulder -dump cable tho.

You can breath off a regular inflator valve by holding both buttons and breathing out your nose. Granted, it isn't great, but in a pinch it may save your life. I'd spend the moola on something else like an H-valve or something.

Good luck.

Mike

Thats good info that they never taught me at PADI class....

Thanks Mike.

Aloha,

Jonathan

Back
Top Bottom