Air / Hotel deals for DEMA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the link, I'm sure others will find it useful.

We look forward to meeting everyone who will be attending the show in a few weeks (ScubaBoard will be at booth #4206 near the concession area and retailer resource center).

Not to many deals in Vegas this time. Steve's favorite hotel, the Algiers (last 50's cinderblock motel on the strip, $32 a night) has been torn down. And no $54 rooms at the Luxor. Pretty shabby that the official DEMA accomodations is down to only CircusCircus, Riviera and Hilton (also means no handy free shuttles everywhere) but now that the monorail is extended you have a lot more choices of non-Dema hotels.

We have booked at the Boardwalk which Trip Advisor says is a bit shabby (though I doubt as bad as CC) but a good value, and right in the middle of everything, think we are paying about $60 a night. Got a $10 a day rental car on the Southwest website though when they added the tax etc it was a whopping $16!

I am staying in Circus Circus. Is there a shuttle for monorail over to the convention center? Or am I hoofing it like I did in '02?

Otter:
I am staying in Circus Circus. Is there a shuttle for monorail over to the convention center? Or am I hoofing it like I did in '02?
http://www.lvmonorail.com is the monorail site w/map. It looks like Circus Circus' closest monorail terminal is the Sahara, heck of a hike.
I was at the CC once, that was 'nuff for me. Got stuck across the road with no close access to food, etc. Cheezy rooms, too.
It'll be interesting to check out the 'rail & see what new frontiers it opens up.
I like the Sahara & Stratosphere 'cuz they're at the fringe of the strip, out of the congestion.
I used to rent a car except I wound up walking more, now I just use a cab & rent a day or 2 if I have some chasing around to do.

I wouldn't trust the monorail... It's down more than it runs some weeks. CC is a short jaunt to the convention center. It's about a miles to get there. The weather is beautiful now so it's not a bad walk. Plus you'll get to some of the local Vegas freaks.

The strip is always a fun walk and as Vickie mentioned, it's not a particurly long one (unless it's mid-summer). Of course there is always a cab ride for a few bucks or the hotel bus that costs even less.

Vickie In Vegas:
I wouldn't trust the monorail... It's down more than it runs some weeks. CC is a short jaunt to the convention center. It's about a miles to get there. The weather is beautiful now so it's not a bad walk. Plus you'll get to some of the local Vegas freaks.

Vickie.... You're killin' me. I'm stying at the Tropicana figuring I could walk to the MGM and hop on the monorail. Hopefully it's working all week or I'll get a bit more of a workout than planned. Not that I can't use it.

Gonna be fun either way.

friscuba:
Vickie.... You're killin' me. I'm stying at the Tropicana figuring I could walk to the MGM and hop on the monorail. Hopefully it's working all week or I'll get a bit more of a workout than planned. Not that I can't use it.

Gonna be fun either way.

It's been up for 3-4 weeks, that's pretty good. Not to many want to justify the $3 ride each time you get on it. They originally planned for 50K people a day using it, they barely get 20K. Now the managing company is being investigated for how they got tax free status...

Trop is nice, but will be disapearing from the strip soon, so save a chip!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom