Air / Hotel deals for DEMA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DEMA in the past has always run shuttle buses to the official hotels. Last LV DEMA they had enough hotels (Luxor, etc) at the other end of the strip that there were 3 or 4 shuttle routes, and you could get almost anywhere using the shuttles. This time they just have Riviera and CC, which are the closet strip hotels, and in walking distance, so the utility of the shuttles will be greatly reduced.

There's a cheap ($2?) bus that goes up and down the strip, so once you make it to the strip you can get anywhere on the strip fairly easily, even if the monorail is down.

The official DEMA hotels this year seem pretty limited, and expensive. Last LV DEMA I was riding the same shuttle as the CC people, and they seemed to think it was pretty shabby. And its a lot more expensive this time around. There are a lot of better alternatives if you don't book through DEMA.

CC sticks conventioneers in the rooms across the street from the main building, they want to save the "good" rooms for gamblers. It's almost as long a walk to get to CC's main hotel as it is to get to the Convention Center.
My poor feet & knees will be exceeding their "daily use allotment" at the show so I'm not going to want to do any warmup/cooldown treks hoofing it to & from the hotel. I tried that once at a COMDEX show & I wound up pretty toasted.
BTW, after getting the tickets from the deal mentioned at the top, the small print saya the deal can't be used for attending conventions. I hope the Trip Police don't catch me!
Another BTW; the Hilton was only an extra $90 for the week, & some of the other posh hotels were well within a penny pincher's budget. :wink:

Yeah ... I don't go with DEMA anymore for booking. I don't know what commission they get, but I was able to get air and room for a week through Alaska Airlines vacations for what DEMA wanted for room alone.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom