Air 2 - How to tell generation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TheHuth

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Is there any easy way to tell what generation an Aqualung Air 2 is? I just got a used one, but it clearly needs a rebuild. When I press the inflate button, it sticks open and continues to fill the air bladder.

If you a referring to the Scubapro AIR 2 I doubt you have a first generation so I'll start with the second gen. The easiest way to tell if it's a second gen. AIR 2 is that the diaphragm cover is held in place by a separate outer ring and the body has more squared edges than the 3rd and 4th gen. The quickest way to tell if it's 3rd or 4th is that while they both have a one piece diaphragm cover, the 4th gen. has a small plastic pin the must be removed to unscrew the cover like most newer Scubapro seconds.

Attachments

• Pic 1.jpg
    Pic 1.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 188
  • Pic 2.jpg
    Pic 2.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 172
This is a 2nd gen Air 2, as stated above, ScubaPro (not Aqualung).

I've got service kits available F/S for that generation (2nd) and later versions. PM me if you are interested.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom