Aiieee!!! ScubaDiving mag discovers women!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:daisysmil Hey guys, at least they are trying. I can remember when just being a female diver was an oddity. The sport is becoming more and more family friendly. Excuse me, I have to go air brush my butt.

SWT

saltwater taffy:
Excuse me, I have to go air brush my butt.

(ponders: women are such a conundrum, I know I dont understand, but am afraid to ask)

When I first got certified in the 70's there was very little if nothing for women divers. You just bought it and made it fit.
Nothing like putting on a wet suit and the crotch is down around your knees :D If you pulled it up then the armholes were around your ears. A bit of a stretch, excuse the pun, but you get my drift. The gear made today is still not made for the average woman but it is better.

Mark, meant to be very tongue in cheek. The only way most of those models could look that could was to have a little air brusing done on their pics. Thank God, we women, are finally getting equipment that is meant to be worn by a women.

See ya,
SWT

I'm german with really wide hips and fit into gear just fine. The Henderson Hyperstretch is an awesome fit. The BC's have enough pulls that they also fit very well. I've been very happy with my Zena, and when it wears out, I will probably buy the one my instructor designed-It has all the goodies.

I started diving in a Tabata with an annoying crotch strap. The darn thing floated up constantly and I couldn't maintain a horizontal swimming position. With heavy feet, I swam nearly upright. The equipment designers have responded to the dollars we put into the business.

Now about that pink- I HATE IT! No purple, no pink. Give me blue. I know, if it's pink the female market will buy it. no.

Now, why are all the American wetsuits black?!! Have you worn black in TX? or in the tropics. There is a Japanese company, and IST has one, that is not black, but silver and blue. Black absorbs heat. The insulating quality protects you against heat loss below, but the black just absorbs topside. (I hate to give you designers tips, because I should perhaps manufacture and sell my own, but alas, I can't design everything.)

Ladies, I know these are serious issues, but please forgive me for laughing like a hyena!!!!

The way you've expressed yourselves is wonderfully, seriously amusing!!!

Kracken, you're a hoot!

My stuff isn't pink, it's yellow. When I bought a new car I considered getting one in yellow to match my dive gear! But I wimped out and bought a white Mustang.

i think that this article is a little offensive because women are often catorogized into one type of group, skinny pretty and perfect looking and this article is just one more thing that guys do to make us seem completely imperfect. but i dont think that it is that big of a deal bcuz maby they didnt have the ill intentions that some of you got out of this article.

p.s. men are proven to b genetically modified women

The reason behind black gear is the same reason why women tend to choose silly colors like pink.

In the case of guys, they want to be the black knight, whom we know from Monty Python and the Holy Grail always wins.

jrdivagrl, you signature line evidences a misunderstanding of human development that borders on misandry. I am aware based upon your chosen screen name that "diva" is Italian for female diety, as in a female god, a common feminist refrain.

excuse me while i go and air brush my butt

Hmmm, I wonder if the Mod Squad would let me use that as my signature line.....

Thank you, Mermaid_Oz!

DM

mermaid_oz:
so true. who wears makeup diving anyway?!! excuse me while i go and air brush my butt before i put on my bikini and go for a dive in 12 degree water. Good times!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom