AI transmitter Placement

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ukmc

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Divemaster
Reaction score
I only have been diving with Teric for 4 months that is prior to lockdown... Per the manufacturer’s instructions, I placed a transmitter on the same side as Teric. At the same time, I have not been able to separate myself from my beloved SPG. This poses a little bit of an issue for me as far as configuration. Prior to Teric my SPG/with my old computer were routed to the left and my primary and alternate to the right. Now if I have my AI transmitter placed on the left , it puts me with three hoses on the right... I suppose I can get used to my Teric being worn on the right if I have too. However, have any of you had troubles with connectivity with transmitter being on the opposite side from the wrist computer? It doesn’t seem like should make much of a difference, but I am a rule follower in general...

Being no the opposite side shouldn't make a difference unless you are crazy tall. The transmitter has a 3 feet range.

Move the Teric and the transmitter to the right, then you can keep the SPG on the left. (After several years of using Shearwater AI I just took off the hose and SPG and leave them on the boat as a back-up.)

The side the transmitter is on appears to make no difference in communication between the transmitter and the computer. I have had an Oceanic VT3 on my left wrist for 10 years. I had the transmitter on the left side for a few years, it has now been on the right side for around 7 years. I have had excellent communication between the transmitter and computer the entire 10 years, no more than a very occasional brief drop. About a year ago, I added a Teric on my right wrist, of course, it communicates just fine.

I have my SPG and inflator hose on the left and my both 2nd stages and my transmitter on the right, works for me. This is on a SP MK25

The only time I had problems with AI dropping out was with the transmitter on the right and the Perdix on the left. I'm with Lexvil on this.

I have the transmitter on the left (no hose) and the Teric on the right. I wanted the transmitter not near the valve handle.
Backup is on the left.
I have a small button gauge on the first stage, on the right, so I can see if the tank has pressure without firing up the computers. It also helps on a boat if someone else fills my tank.
Maybe an occasional dropout, but very rare. Certainly not a problem.

Transmitter and computer on your right wrist... that way you can keep an eye on you depth while you inflate or deflate your bcd. This is the only way that really makes sense... and while it SHOULD not make a difference what side your transmitter is on it is closer and theoretically less likely to disconnect from your computer. Maybe does not matter much in OW but in an overhead or sticky situation it might.

Plenty of people have dual transmitters on sidemount tanks. I have a pair on my rebreather that’s sync to my Nerd2. I have not had any issues with connectivity.

I've only had a transmitter drop out a few times - I sometimes tuck my hands in my waist belt or cross them and my computer gets tucked in too much, it comes right back though. I wouldn't put the transmitter on the right side myself, strictly because of the valve. If you really want the spg, run it on a shorter hose and bungee it to your chest strap maybe.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom