AI & SPG?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WickedWeasel

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
For those of you that dive with an AI computer, do you still use an SPG in case the computer stops working on you dive? Just curious...

Yes. A pressure gauge on a 24" hose attached to my left hip D ring. I also generally dive with two computers (for depth) in case my primary fails.

Yes. A pressure gauge on a 24" hose attached to my left hip D ring. I also generally dive with two computers (for depth) in case my primary fails.
Ditto, but only 1 computer to date (but will likey start wearing my "old" non AI perdix as a backup too)

To the OP: be prepared for the judgemental responses on keeping an SPG as redundancy to your AI - they will be coming, I'm sure... :)

Last edited:
+1 Exactly the configuration I dive with. I can't dive as frequently as I would like, I would be majorly pissed if I had to scrub a dive because of an AI or computer failure.

Thanks for the responses. I thought I would catch crap for using a SPG and an AI computer.

Thanks for the responses. I thought I would catch crap for using a SPG and an AI computer.

Oh, it's likely that you'll catch crap for almost anything you do at some point. lol This included as @Joneill pointed out.

However, it's more important that you decide the reasoning behind the choices out there & whether each one is right for you whether the choice is about something silly or something critical that could save your life.

Oh, it's likely that you'll catch crap for almost anything you do at some point. lol This included as @Joneill pointed out.

However, it's more important that you decide the reasoning behind the choices out there & whether each one is right for you whether the choice is about something silly or something critical that could save your life.

Good point. As a new diver, I'm just looking for advice from guys that have been at it for a while. I appreciate the responses.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom