Aggressor vs SunDancer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Crickets. No replies at all?

Well, I have not gone on the Aggressor, I have dove the Sun Dancer twice and had fantastic time. Staff is excellent, never a shortage on food, tanks are always full, etc. It seems to me the difference between the Aggressor and the Sun Dancer is the hot tub... We had a person from the Aggressor come on to the Dancer at the end of our trip (while we were in dock), and she commented that the Dancer rooms were larger.

My opinion is you can't go wrong with either one.

The Dancer is larger, I think someone told me the Aggressor is a little faster. I've been on the Dancer 3 times and toured the Aggressor. I'd say the Dancer has slightly bigger/nicer cabins with beds rather than bunks, and nicer inside lounge/dining areas. (The inside dining areas on the Aggressor I found kinda claustrophobic.) The Aggressor felt like a bit nicer sundeck (with the hot tub) and bigger dive deck.

(I love hot tubs but wouldn't chose based on that - in my limited experience I've found liveaboard hot tubs tend to be at best lukewarm with half the water splashed out. Just as well since hot tubbing in a truly hot tub between all the diving is questionable anyway.)

Aggressor cost more, older crowd, smaller cabins, bigger dive deck

Dancer cost less, younger/partier crowd, larger cabins, smaller dive deck.

Same dive sites usually anchor within sight of each other.

I Have only been on the Hughes boats in Belize, so can not comment on aggressor. I agree with doubler that the boat itenary is almost identical. The aggressor is always within sight at some point in the day.

The one thing I do know is that people on the dancer claim the aggressor has the young party crowd, while the people on the aggressor claim the dancer has the young party crowd.

The dancer is a noticeably larger ship - 4 feet wider, 28 feet longer and 1 more deck higher. If you google images you should be able to find a shot showing both boats at the dock. Aggressor rooms are all below deck, dancer rooms (except 1) are on same level as dive deck and so have large windows.

I really think party crowd is a matter of luck with these and similar boats. The closest I've seen to a party crowd was actually an old party crowd, but in my experience everyone is too busy doing the dive/eat/sleep routine.

I'll be on the sun dancer this next week, and I'll be sure to post a trip report. My research and decision to go with the dancer boat was based on the above info and speaking with trusted sources.

bigger boat, bigger cabins, cheaper with no loss in quality, and overall nicer boat. The only con seems to be a smaller dive deck.

Have a great time Kooze! Belize is one of my favorite dive places.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom