Aggressor Turks And Caicos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

donhealy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Anyone have any info about the Aggressor T&C issue today? All I heard is that it experienced some damage during a severe storm this morning.

I have not heard anything here on island but we have had a lot of storms in the last week including some strong winds so they could of dragged or the mooring did not hold.

As I understand it, they went on the rocks and had to be towed off the reef and back to Provo by Explorer Ventures T&C II. Initial reports were a damaged prop and some hull damage. No info on how they got on the rocks but my guess is the same as yours.

No info on how long they will be out of commission if at all.

I have just been told that during one of the brief storms we have had here in the last few days their mooring broke and they ended up on the rocks/coast at West Caicos. That area is just iron shore which will do some serious damage to any vessel. They are now on thier way to dry dock (in the States I assume) with some serious damage. I would asume they will be out of action for sometime.

From Aggressor Fleet: Early Wednesday morning the Turks/Caicos Aggressor II broke loose from her mooring during a storm and hit some rocks in shallow water near shore in West Caicos. All passengers and crew were safe. She sustained some damage and will need a few weeks of drydock.

Thanks for the quick reply Mike. Glad everyone is alright. Boats can be fixed.

Good thing Ken was near by.

Back
Top Bottom