Question Agency vs instructor selection (Netherlands)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

One thing that really impressed me about GUE's system is how well they handle quality. Very much like I've experienced in an IT training organisation I wrote a course for. This requires feedback and a high level of trainer mentoring from the company.

The results are clear to see within these hallowed pages; few people ever disparage GUE's Fundamentals course. Definitely not the same high regard for all agencies.
The size definitely helps. If a GUE instructor certifies someone who doesn't meet the performance standard as intended and that person moves onto the next course doing their due diligence with number of dives and practice, it is not going to be swept under the rug. It will probably be noticed prior as the GUE communities tend to be close knit (a real positive in my opinion, they are incredibly supportive, including with people who haven't gone through their training courses, at least that is the case here in Seattle).

If I remember correct Alain Dobbelaere teaches SM. I have met a few divers who did other courses with him and where happy about them.

SM divers are rare in the Benelux since there aren’t many spots where you need it.

Back
Top Bottom