Age restrictions at the springs?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mavjax

Reaction score
I recently heard from another scubaboarder that Ginnie Springs is enforcing a minimum age of 12. Children under 12 are not allowed even if they are certified. Apparently other Springs are being pressured by the insurance companies to do the same.

Has any one else heard about this? I as talking to 2 tech divers/instructors this weekend and they said that both PADI and SSI ?? certify at 10 and that NAUI is planning on switching from 12 to 10 in the near future, and that it made no sense.

It would seem that there may be a concern that the waivers we all sign before diving may not hold weight. I'm interested in hearing others thoughts on this.

Ginnie and Paradise both have this policy. Ginnie also requires the actual parent/legal Guardian's signature for when under age divers between 12-18 years of age are gong diving. They will accept a notarized sugnature on their liabilty waivers when the actual parent is not present. Hey it's a cave system and they want to keep it open

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom