AGA Full-Face

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bio guy,

Dee was awarded a 10 for style and a 9.8 for originality on her "FFP", I was awarded only an 8.9 and a 7.0. Dee has much more style, grace & imagination than I do. I think the wetsuit I wear may have something to do with it, not sure. Go figure

Don #13

In light of recent posts by certain un-named board memebers, I have asked :royal: for a HillBilly to Californian translation section on the website. Is there a special school you guys go to for formal training, or is this a pond diving by product? LOL! You guys kill me!

Hmmm...I didn't get any points for mine... a few nasty looks from a couple of snails and maybe a frog or two....lol

Mario....of course there is a school for this. The secret training facilities are spread out and located deep along the jungle tributaries of several countries, the names of which, we are sworn to secrecy. :robo:

Hey Peeps

Run don't walk for those FFM!! OMG I thought some of the stuff we do is icky (harbour dive near open raw sewage outfalls!!) commonly referred to in these parts as "who's got the poop" Probably as bad as the ole stock tank but having to walk through this stuff to submerge that's tres icky and should be medal winning material!! Of course we get the added bonus getting the confetti parade :)

Has anybody got information regarding ID2 UK retailers. Are interspiro a US company. Also does anybody know if they come with a guarantee etc. What about first stages for the ID2 ..this site http://www.navsea.navy.mil/sea00c/pdf/anu.pdf says that the ID2 can be used with scubapro MK20 first stage. Does anyone know if other first stages can be used. Any help would be appreciated ,as usuall, thankyou :)

The last oil rig dive I did with the OTS communication gear and ID2 mask, I used my Mk20 First stage and the mask & reg performed flawlessly. To my understanding they will work with any first stage. The reg and mask itself were tested down to 1800ft (silulated) by Duke university. As for the distribution of the ID2 in the UK, if you want to let me know whether you are interested in purchasing some for yourself or if you are interested in distributing, I can help you out.

Thanks Mario, I'm just interested in the ID2 for personal use. However, I am thinking about doing my DM course in a few months. Wouldn't it be unpractical to use a ffm while supervising dives etc? I mean for example you cant talk on the surface with the mask on... or can you? I've never tried one before. :) If you can help further Mario that would be great, thankyou.

Well Aegir, the mask doesn't need to be on while on the surface. But if you do choose to use it this way, there is a SBV valve that you can order it with. In my opinion it wouldn't be beneficial unless at least the students and instructor had listen only units. I have a video of me that shows what the mask and comm units are like to those whom have never played with one before.

My opinion on Full Face Masks can be found by checking out this LINK It's a first hand account of my first experience with both Underwater Communications and Full Face Masks.

Mario...thanks for the write-up. I do have a question about the communication gear. The type I have used in the past consisted of a large pair of earphones, giving sound to both ears (can't remember the name off hand). Here is the question..I liked the fact that I was getting sound in both ears....sort of balanced things out, even if the units were a tad large. I have never tried a single ear communicator. This may sound strange, but I am being serious when I ask this, did you find the single ear OTS communicator bothersome after a long dive of only hearing in the one ear.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom