Aftermarket Oceanic regulator service kits?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ken Roberts

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
New member here in Canada. There is no “Oceanic” service kits available for my 2003 Oceanic DX4 first stage (discontinued support). In fact the Canadian rep for Oceanic said it hasn’t been in production since 1995. :shakehead: I find that disturbing that they don’t support a model slightly less than 20 yrs old. Is an aftermarket type of service kit available and okay to use? Can anyone point me in the right direction. Mine has only had a few fresh water dives since new. Raised my Son myself and just didn’t have time to dive. I’m retired now and looking to get back into diving occasionally. The annual service kit for the second stage Delta 3 reg is still available.

New member here in Canada. There is no “Oceanic” service kits available for my 2003 Oceanic DX4 first stage (discontinued support). In fact the Canadian rep for Oceanic said it hasn’t been in production since 1995. :shakehead: I find that disturbing that they don’t support a model slightly less than 20 yrs old. Is an aftermarket type of service kit available and okay to use? Can anyone point me in the right direction. Mine has only had a few fresh water dives since new. Raised my Son myself and just didn’t have time to dive. I’m retired now and looking to get back into diving occasionally. The annual service kit for the second stage Delta 3 reg is still available.

You may try scubagaskets.com, out of Cypress, of all places, who sell any number of after-market regulator service kits and individual o-rings . . .

Check with Aqua Sport Online in Calgary. They have several service parts for your reg, not sure about the kits.

I looked a little closer. If it's a yoke type, I think you are in luck: Oceanic DX3 First Stage Service Kit 40.6113
98A373E1-A61F-4B05-BFB7-A9B53B3FFD3D_1080x.jpe

If you really can't find the parts or service kit for your 1st in the US or Canada you can PM me I should have all the parts, maybe even a Service Kit for your DX4 1st, I would have to check.......
Good luck!

Attachments

• DX-4 Balanced Diaphragm - 12-2203-r02 (5-23-02).pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 164
  • OCEANIC DX4 1ST.pdf
    460.3 KB · Views: 326

Hello Ken,

There may be a possibility that you can cross reference kits from an Oceanic model(s) that are still supported, and will fit the model you have.

Oceanic is now a Huish brand, so you may want to contact Huish directly, and be forewarned, Huish is not the best company to deal with.

Some generic O rings may fit, but what you need to have in the kits are the correct high pressure and low pressure seats.

From a manufacturers prospective, 20 years is no longer new, and there is not much of anything from any industry that is 20 years old, that parts and service are still readily available.

Check out divegearexpress.com, they have excellent ''house brand'' regulators that are top shelf products, and very reasonably priced.

Wishing you the best of luck,

Rose

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom