After more than 1 year of unemployment ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've been trying over a year and half to get something to bolster my retirement income. If you are over 50....nobody will look at you. I have a pristine 30 year resume with NASA. It's frustrating and demoralizing.

Anyway....I'm focussing on my own thing, teaching supplements my old salary...but I need to make a whole lot more

Congrats Green! I suppose you got one of those real cush jobs where you have to dust the sand off of super models during bikini shoots or hopefully, the guy that tastes the scotch to make sure it's high quality. :D

PerfectD3:
A year of unemployment? I went 6 weeks without work and about lost my mind!

My longest previous "stretch" was 10 months. But that time I was single and did not own a house.

As for losing my mind, I found plenty of things to do but the lack of income was a concern :D

do it easy:
Congrats Green! I suppose you got one of those real cush jobs where you have to dust the sand off of super models during bikini shoots or hopefully, the guy that tastes the scotch to make sure it's high quality. :D

Not.

I am a married man. I do not need to be dusting sand off super models :D
I would like to work in a distillery though, 'specially on Islay.

ThatsSomeBadHatHarry:
what kind of job?

Computer Programming; which is what I've been doing for 20+ years.

:wave-smil :wave-smil :wave-smil :wave-smil :wave-smil :wave-smil
:monkeydan :monkeydan :monkeydan Congratulations on the new job! :monkeydan :monkeydan :monkeydan

Ber :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom