Affordable LED dive light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My favorite is:

Xtar D26 - 800'ish lumens, for about $63 on eBay. Uses 1 x 26650 battery. Nice spot beam. Mulitple brightness settings, so it's good for night dives and can run REALLY long on a charge if you run it on Medium or Low.

My second choice is:

DGX Push - same LED emitter as the D26. $55 on Dive Gear Express. Uses 1 x 18650 battery. So, about the same light as the D26, but won't burn as long. But, it's a bit skinnier and just slightly shorter. Also a nice spot beam. Only one brightness setting.

My next light to buy/try is;

Tovatec Fusion 1000 - same LED emitter as the first two. But, this one is adjustable focus from a 12 degree spot beam to a 100 degree wide angle. $130 on Amazon or LeisurePro. Uses 1 x 26650, so should be about the same burn time as the D26. I don't know if it has multiple brightness settings or not.

All of these lights only use 1 battery, so they aren't too long and fit okay in a glove, on the back of your hand.

The XHP50 and XHP70 based lights (like the one posted earlier in this thread) are a lot brighter, but they have to have a lot more battery to still have decent burn time. A light that has 2 x 26650 lights end to end would be too long to be comfortable (to me) on the back of my hand. Putting 2 x 26650 side by side would make it too fat. If there were one with 4 x 18650 batteries in a side by side pack, that could possibly be okay on the back of the hand. The new Dive Rite HP50 is an example of that. It has an XHP50 LED emitter, so it is way bright (they claim 3500 lumens). And it has 4 x 18650 in a pack side by side, so it's short enough in overall length to be reasonable on the back of your hand. But, it's something like $800....

Here is what I have paid about 65$ cdn at my LDS
UK SL3 ELED
Takes 3 C cells gets about 5 hrs.

I have 3 DGX 600's and an 800. Very happy with them. You get about an hour out of a charge. Brighter than other lights I have used, had the oldest for about 2 years and still works as good as the day we bought it.

I don't like the twist on, or 1 power setting, but despite that they are great lights at a great price $50ish and $60ish. Come with a battery and charger.

Just damn good lights.

Good luck,
Jay

Here is what I have paid about 65$ cdn at my LDS
UK SL3 ELED
Takes 3 C cells gets about 5 hrs.

My LDS has it for $65 but I see it on Ebay for $40.
Considering using it with rechargable C cells..

I was looking at Light Monkey 3W backup as well.

I have used the Princeton Tec 260 LED light for the last 50 dives or so, $30 bucks on sale at Leisure Pro. Have used it on 3 night dives and just had it with me to look in the cracks during the day. Not the best light out there but it does the job.

My LDS has it for $65 but I see it on Ebay for $40.
Considering using it with rechargable C cells..

I was looking at Light Monkey 3W backup as well.
lol I just looked at where your from. We travelled through there over the long weekend. Stayed right across from the LDS , got a punch from the wife when she saw the store! Figured I planned it that way lol. Too bad they were closed fir the holiday Monday.

lol I just looked at where your from. We travelled through there over the long weekend. Stayed right across from the LDS , got a punch from the wife when she saw the store! Figured I planned it that way lol. Too bad they were closed fir the holiday Monday.

That is the worst LDS in the world. It was bought by a mother/son/dad a few months ago. The only experience in diving was I think the son went on a cruise and went on a couple resort dives. They will do no more for me than an occasional fill.

I picked up this one about a year ago. Have done 2 100 ft. plus dives with it and 6 overall. Works great, very bright and very happy with it. Not dirt cheap but not expensive for what you get.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01DVKQYAU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
61MLQX4GDCL._SL1000_.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom