Affordable housing in south florida for Dive school

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jenerous

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all. I want to go to Key West community college for Dive instructor school and i am having an issue finding affordable housing near campus. On campus is out of the question as I live with someone and will be working part time. RV campgrounds that offer all year camping is an option that i can utilize but im hoping for a house or flat or whatever (we have two dogs). Any info is appreciated.

i figured as much but was wondering how other students made it. Honestly Im shocked that there is a community college located in the keys. i dont believe im the first looking for a solution to this. Guess I will have to look in the Miami area and have a looooooong commute to school.....

Have you considered a school that is more accessible? Rainbow Reef has an IDC program, and it is a much more reasonable commute from the Miami area (though cheap housing often isn't in the nicest areas in Miami).

I did my IDC at Rainbow Reef some years back. At that time they included housing (they have apartments above their shop) with the cost of the IDC. It was very cool... didn't have to worry about housing, and all of us in the IDC got to live together and with some of the shop employees. Check out their website for current info.

Hi all. I want to go to Key West community college for Dive instructor school ...

Jenerous, how long are you planning to take for your dive instructor school? I ask because a typical IDC (instructor course, if you are already a divemaster), if you are going full time, only takes a couple weeks. Are you thinking of something more involved?

I did my IDC at Rainbow Reef some years back. At that time they included housing (they have apartments above their shop) with the cost of the IDC. It was very cool... didn't have to worry about housing, and all of us in the IDC got to live together and with some of the shop employees. Check out their website for current info.

Thanks for the tip. Will definitely look into. I am cash strapped now and would need to use financial aid. Which means college. But I will still look into.

Back
Top Bottom