Aeroskin warranty, no cooperation - any tips

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DandyDon

Umbraphile
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
One kilometer high on the Texas Central Plains
# of dives
500 - 999
I have 3 Aeroskin suits...
One of them fits well - the shorty polyolefin jumpsuit.

One has stretched - the spandex

One has shrank horribly - the polyolefin jumpsuit​
I called asking for help under the LIFETIME WARRANTY but neither of the two people I spoke with wanted to help me under the warranty. I am very disappointed.

I loved the skins when until they changed, and might buy more anyway - but feel a LIFETIME WARRANTY should be honored.

I don't see where they have a lifetime warranty. All I see is a 1 year limited warranty against manufacturing defects.

I don't see where they have a lifetime warranty. All I see is a 1 year limited warranty against manufacturing defects.
Ah ha! I guess that is my problem. They changed it, or I had them confused with my Bare suit. Ok thanks!

Maybe I can get a discount replacement then...?

Maybe I can get a discount replacement then...?
Nope! They offered free shipping, but I ordered from an Arizona dealer. Replacing the overly small one now; the stretched one is not a biggie at this time...

I was wrong about the warranty I suppose. Gawd I hate it when that happens...! :depressed:

I puzzled as to why the manufacturer's employees declined to honor the warranty, but failed to tell you that the reason was there was no remaining warranty to have to honor....sounds as if the employees themselves don't know their own warranty policies/conditions......

I puzzled as to why the manufacturer's employees declined to honor the warranty, but failed to tell you that the reason was there was no remaining warranty to have to honor....sounds as if the employees themselves don't know their own warranty policies/conditions......
Well, it's a small company. Not up to dealing with typical retail customers I guess, and I can be worse than that.

Anyway, part of the problem is I've gained more than I realized. I've ordered a new suit, same model, from an Arizona dealer, going larger than I think I need with time to return it for exchange if needed before my next trip. 9 years, over 400 dives - most of them including that 1 mil equivalent as the suit or the undersuit: I guess I got my money's worth - more than most of my other 6, some of which were poor choices.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom