Aeris Regulators - HELP

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'd like to revive this thread a bit. My LDS says that AT400 has been discontinued (and according to Aeris website so is Pro/Sport etc). All they have now is AT600 ION. Anyone has personal experience with these?
Is there a reason to avoid discontinued AT400 (and associated discounts)?

I love my Oceanic EOS regulator. But, I'm removing the DVT valve. When my tank pressure gets lower than 1500, the DVT valve vibrates and makes noise. My reg has been back to Oceanic twice, and they've done their best to fix it. On a recent dive trip, I removed the DVT valve, and my reg is as quite as it could be! As a poster said above, if you are careful and keep the dust cap on your reg when it isn't on a tank, then you don't have to worry about getting water/dirt in the reg anyway.

The main thing on regulators is to get one that is fully balanced (i.e. 1st and 2nd stage) AND have a place where you can get it locally serviced.

Some mfr's have free parts for life (saves about $40-50/service per reg). Something to consider.

Just saw this and have to agree with several posters. The DVT is a worthless giimmick. I'm also an authorized Oceanic Tech and can't stand the damn things. Sure not worth extra money. In fact they should be less if it has one IMO. Jack's opinion on the seconds is right on as well. I have one Delta 3 of mine that is used as a paperweight. The 1st stage is nice. It's just a rebadged Oceanic CDX5. Until I switched to HOG's and Edge regs the CDX5 was my favorite. Used it for recreational and tech dives. But since I am no longer affiliated with an Oceanic shop I can't get parts direct from the factory. So no more Oceanic regs.

As for local service, that's only important if your local tech knows what they are doing. If not, it's not only likely going to be cheaper, but also less hassle to ship to a tech.

Back
Top Bottom