Aeris Elite Software Problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaCrow

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi Everyone,

I finally broke down and bought the interface cable for my Aeris Elite. The USB drivers loaded fine into my Dell Laptop running Windows XP, but I get an error when I try to load the ACI dive software. The message box is titled 16 Bit Windows Subsystem and the message states "C:\windows\system32\autoexec.nt. The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and MS Windows applications." The Aeris software folks haven't been able to help as of yet. I have run the compatibility wizard for 95/98/2000/NT but still get the same message.

Has anyone else had this problem or have any thoughts?

I have generally the same configuration. I own 2 Aeris Elite dive computers (for my son and I), that were purchased 3 months ago (with free cable & software). I easily installed the ACI software on my Dell laptop (running Windows XP Professional). It has generally run very well for logging twelve dives, from each Elite, so far. However, sometimes, when I try to download data from the second Elite, during the same session, I will error out, even when the physical connection and the USB data link are confirmed correct. Exiting from the ACI application and re-entering it seems to clear any memory or address assignment conflicts. Please note that this problem only occurs occasionally.

I recommend that you attempt to re-install the ACI program, after temporarily disabling any other optional memory resident programs. Also, verify that you have the most current version of the software (1.0.4) and proper USB drivers installed.

Check out their web site and comply with the system requirements.

http://www.diveaeris.com/service_software.html

System Requirements: IBM or compatible PC, USB Port, Intel Pentium 200MHz or better microprocessor, MS Windows 98 2nd Edition, ME, NT, 2000, or XP, Super VGA card or compatible Video Graphics Adaptor (256 color or higher) with minimum 800 x 600 pixel screen area of display settings, Mouse, 16MB of available RAM, 20MB available hard drive storage, CD Rom drive, Printer (optional)

Thanks, I have tried it. I am trying to borrow someone else's computer to see if it is something running specifically on mine causing the problems.

Thanks, I went to my work's IT shop and they had the same suggestion. It loaded and all is well in the world.

If I may HiJack your thread for a second, I've been looking at the Aeris Elite Hoseless Dive Computer.

And would like to hear opinions on this model from people who own/use it.

It works very well and I am quite satisfied. However, it does not track your average depth (so you need to export your data points to a spreadsheet and calculate this summary figure). Average depth is needed for your SAC rate calculation.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom