Aeris Atmos 750GT

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DivingDoc

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My LDS has an incredible deal on the Atmos 750 G. Does anyone own this computer?? What do you think of it? Do you like the software? How does it perform on air dives -- on Nitrox dives?

ET

Had one, sold it on EBay last year. Loss of signal annoyed me (mostly on surface, but sometimes while swimming along minding my own business). Liked the Aeris computer performance (I have a 500AI now) but just didn't like the signal problems. I know a DM who has one and he says he's never experienced a signal loss.

i have nothing but praise for the 750 gt i have never had a signal loss under water. it is a bit bulky but it is not cumbersome. i highly recomend it

I've had one since shortly after they came onto the market, and I can say I've never experienced any of the loss of signal that others have.

I've had it inside iron hulls, in caverns (although not far at all), and on lots and lots of just plain ol' fun lazy dives.

The only thing I don't like is that it's showing it's age, and since I am in a position that I should probably NOT be diving an Aeris computer any more I don't want to send it in to be over hauled.

Anyway, enjoy it!

I've had one since I certified in May. I like it, it is a little bulky, but not too bad. I've seen it loose signal, but not during a dive, it's usually when the transmitter goes into standby. I've used it for Air and Nitrox and have found no noticeable problems with either one, of course I still go back to the the tables and verify everything at this point. If you don't mind me asking what kind of price do they have on it? My best friend and I both bought one each and gave $500 ea. for them. We felt like that was a pretty good deal for brand new, but now I think we could have shopped around and done a little better, but thats just life. I think you'll really enjoy it. The only downfall to the nitrox is that before each dive, after SI, you have to reset the mix % because it defaults to 50% after the first dive on nitrox. Not a big deal, you just have to remember.

i feel that the computer defaulting to 50% makes it safer than one that stays on the current mix. it insures that your oxygen loading will be in safe levels. the only thing that i do dislike about the computer is that you can not change the p02 warning level it is at 1.6 i would like to change it to 1.4. the computer in planning mode uses a po2 level of 1.6 i would like a po2 level of 1.4 to be planned

I can see where that would be useful, but I seldom use the computer's planning ability and instead still use my table to plan, seems to make things a little more conservative, though this may not be convenient for all. I agree, the defaulting to 50% is a safety factor and keeps you a little safer for sure. I haven't really played with the PO2 warning yet, as I haven't even begun to make a dive that would push the envelope, but I'm glad you mentioned it.

I have a 750GT and have never experienced a loss a signal underwater. I did however experience it go into standby mode. My first few dives caused frustration because I read these post and thought it was the "loss of signal" that so many complain about. Then someone posted a message about standby mode and pressing one of the buttons to get out of that mode. It's worked perfectly ever since. It is true that is a bit bigger than other models on the market, but it works and you can pick them up on closeouts and black market for much less.

Hope that helps,
Jim

jd_scuba once bubbled...
I have a 750GT and have never experienced a loss a signal underwater. I did however experience it go into standby mode. My first few dives caused frustration because I read these post and thought it was the "loss of signal" that so many complain about. Then someone posted a message about standby mode and pressing one of the buttons to get out of that mode. It's worked perfectly ever since. It is true that is a bit bigger than other models on the market, but it works and you can pick them up on closeouts and black market for much less.

Hope that helps,
Jim

What Jim said; I was going to type exactly the same note, with added color about how I had cleverly figured out that changing the transmitter ID seemed to "reset" the link. It was only some dives later that I managed to RTFM and find that this was a feature, not a defect, and had a perfectly reasonable (and easier) reset procedure already defined.

Also, and obtusely to everything I've understood about radio propagation in water, it has always seemed a little more sensitive to distance and interference above water than below.

--Laird

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom