Aeris Atmos 2 mount

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the tip, gismonkey - hope you are enjoying your VT4!

I didn't want to do that, because I was going diving that weekend and wanted to be sure I had a way to get back to the old mount in case the new mount didn't work out (it did, yay!). Here's how I did it with my VT3 (mostly for posterity):

- With a blunt, flat object (I used a butter knife) slide it under the old mount's lip at the top of the computer
- Push it straight back until it passes through to the other side (fold the rubber wrist strap in, so the knife goes to the outside of it)
- Now, CAREFULLY but firmly, push the knife handle up (toward the top of the computer), which will cause the blade end of the knife to push into the rubber wrist strap
- This should create enough leverage to pop the top of the computer out of the mount
- From there, carefully work it out with your hands

I scratched my computer, but it was when trying a different method to pop it out, before I figured this out. This method shouldn't scratch your computer at all.

Good luck!

I know this is an old thread but I don't suppose the Atmos 2 and Aeris XR-2 share the same mounting design? I'm sort of hoping they're similar enough to work. If not I guess i'll have to break down and MacGyver something together.

Until we have confirmed information concerning fit of a particular instrument we have learned (the hard way) that it is best to *not* make claims of compatibility.

@cool_hardware52

Tobin, I see on DSS that there is now a mount that includes the Atmos 2. At least it's listed in the title but not the product description...

Mount for Oceanic VT3/VT Pro/Versa Pro/Atmos Elite/Elite T3 SCUBA

Does this mean you've confirmed the fit with the Atmos 2? Just want to confirm before buying.

@cool_hardware52

Tobin, I see on DSS that there is now a mount that includes the Atmos 2. At least it's listed in the title but not the product description...

Mount for Oceanic VT3/VT Pro/Versa Pro/Atmos Elite/Elite T3 SCUBA

Does this mean you've confirmed the fit with the Atmos 2? Just want to confirm before buying.

To the best of my knowledge that is the case. Keep in mind that we don't have an example of every instrument ever made, and some makers do funny things and make running changes. Having said that I'm pretty sure we have a mount for Atmos 2.

Tobin

+1 confirming that the referenced mount does indeed work perfectly for the Atmos 2. It does make using the download cable a bit fiddly (plan on holding it in place the whole time), but otherwise it was a great upgrade from the less than trustworthy stock wrist mount. Loops in the bungie cord make it easy to cinch down to switch from drysuit to wetsuit duty.

Sort of - I used two pieces of bungie. I think Tobin's video describes a better solution than I used though - go with that! Nice thing is that bungie is pretty cheap, so you can always try different things to find what works for you.

... now where did i put that extra bungie....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom